WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't really wear suits often so I never put much thought into my watch. Usually I wear jeans or khakis with a button down or sweater so really any watch on leather or a bracelet suffices.

Can a Speedmaster on a black alligator strap look decent with a black suit?

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
The Speedmaster Professional or really any Speedmaster can go with anything (unless you are swimming).
It may be better to have a true dress watch, but if the Speedmaster is your only watch then you should be fine.
It would not be like wearing a G-Shock to a formal event or a dress watch for diving.

·
Registered
10,241 Posts
Love mine with a suit. Speedy is never out of place - unless maybe in a beach, pool, or water park....

Reactions: CastorTroy3

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Unless it's a wet suit the Speedy will work well. I think it's one of the most versatile watches when it comes to attire - it would go well with a suit on the bracelet or a leather band.

Cheers,
NM

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
I hope to own one relatively soon and I'll wear it everywhere - except the pool/beach/backyard or for manual labor tasks - that's where my Seiko divers and Casios come in.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Speedy looks fantastic with a suit. These pictures make me want to add on to my collection. How many black faced watches can one man own?

To me pretty much any watch of a reasonable size pairs nice with a suit. These days in the US most people don't seem to pair watches they just wear the same one watch every single day.

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
If you're in a professional business setting, any sports watch (especially ones with functional bezels and pushers sticking out the sides) looks out of place to me. Of course people have been doing it for years with divers and the like, but it doesn't mean that people with a different level of refinement aren't out there.

Reactions: dpstat and anaplian

·
Registered
149 Posts
Certainly! I'm a big fan of higher end sports watches with suits though.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts