WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I saw this Speedy being sold by a offshore dealer - used of course.

What do you guys think of the condition? Any alarm bells jump out? They'll replace the hesilite as its got a scratch.

No box or papers, its price in-line with non LE Speedy Moonwatches.

Perhaps you can help me with some questions I can ask the seller?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Is there lume on the hands, difficult to make out in the pictures. There should be!

What is that case back? Never seen that before.

The best guide for choosing a Speedy is: Speedmaster101

Reactions: pborkstrom and fezz

·
Registered
10,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Case back is of the Galaxy Express Limited Edition (Japan only from cerca.1990)

·
Registered
339 Posts

Thank you, that link explained everything.

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
And I learned something else today!

·
Premium Member
7,403 Posts
Looks good. Pretend you're Chinese and tell the dealer that the "4" in the end of LE number is bad luck and see if you can get a discount lol

Reactions: alllexandru

·
Registered
14,269 Posts

Wow that's wild! I've never seen that before.

·
Registered
10,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I came across this

Not very familiar with this model. It's automatic and full size. Full set form a reputable dealer, $3700US - thoughts?

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
I came across this

Not very familiar with this model. It's automatic and full size. Full set form a reputable dealer, $3700US - thoughts?
I found the listing...looks legit to me. Buy the seller, and all that. You know the drill.

But...a few thoughts. Are you specifically looking for a non-"Moonwatch" Speedmaster or did this just happen to catch your eye? The price seems a bit lower than the avg for this watch, but why is that? The five lines of text and the carbon fiber dial are a combined mess visually (IMO). If you care about resale, I think you'd have a hard time moving it if you decided it wasn't your cup of tea. And to me, the charm of owning a Speedmaster is in the details of the original Moonwatch. Hand-winding, no date, no hack, plastic crystal, and the NASA caseback engraving. But, YMMV. :)

Good luck with the search!

·
Registered
10,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I found the listing...looks legit to me. Buy the seller, and all that. You know the drill.

But...a few thoughts. Are you specifically looking for a non-"Moonwatch" Speedmaster or did this just happen to catch your eye? The price seems a bit lower than the avg for this watch, but why is that? The five lines of text and the carbon fiber dial are a combined mess visually (IMO). If you care about resale, I think you'd have a hard time moving it if you decided it wasn't your cup of tea. And to me, the charm of owning a Speedmaster is in the details of the original Moonwatch. Hand-winding, no date, no hack, plastic crystal, and the NASA caseback engraving. But, YMMV. :)

Good luck with the search!
Caught my eye :-/
I agree, it's well priced because it isn't popular. I do like the style but I have to really think about this one. The price kinda drew me to it, that seller usually sells overpriced watches so I was a bit shocked when I saw this price. You are correct; it's low for a reason.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts