WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just bought a speedy day/date or triple calendar off Ebay. Perhaps, enough said. Anyway, the month does not change over until the date hand passes from the sixth to the seventh. It should change over when the date hand passes from the thirty-first to the first right? Is this a major problem? In other words, is this going to cost major bucks to fix? Or, should I just return it to the seller and get my money back? Any input from you seasoned vets wold be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Is this a mojor problem?
I am assuming you are asking if this is a major problem?;-)

Well its not. If everything else is working properly and the date hand is not just moving freely, then the problem is most likely that when the date hand was set back on the watch, it was not positioned correctly. When you install the hands back on a watch after service, you need to position them correctly in regards to one another (i.e. the minute hand at 12 and the hour hand on an hour marker) and in regards to the date change. Now if your watch has a date pointer, then this pointer should also be positioned in sync with the month.

To rectify this the watch needs to be opened, the movement removed from the case and the hands repositioned. Simple - Only if this is the only problem. Should take about 15 minutes if done carefully.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts