Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes

Speedy

Most Iconic watch (!?)

The only one (beside Bulova) ever been on Moon

was not on Bracelet during moon mission ;) ! Velcro Strap instead

So do you think it look better on Bracelet or Strap (Nato,Velcro,Leather,Suede...)

???

·
Registered
279 Posts
Mine is on leather...

IMG_4875.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
----
Rolex Submariner Date (116610LN)
Omega Speedmaster Pro (311.30.42.30.01.006)

·
Registered
279 Posts
Here's another (same watch) on NATO but I prefer it on a strap!

IMG_6524.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
----
Rolex Submariner Date (116610LN)
Omega Speedmaster Pro (311.30.42.30.01.006)

Reactions: Synequano

·
Registered
464 Posts
I think it's brilliant on the bracelet. For me though the speedy would be part of a two watch collection and on either brown leather or brown suede. As my diver would be on the bracelet so the speedy professional would need to be on a strap to mix it up

·
Registered
6,198 Posts
Strap.

Then again I'm a strap hound. Practically all my bracelets from day one are folded and put away neatly in their original boxes where they never get to see the light of day.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Mine is on the bracelet but I've seen enough pics of it on straps to know I'll have it on one soon enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Yes

Speedy

Most Iconic watch (!?)

The only one (beside Bulova) ever been on Moon

was not on Bracelet during moon mission ;) ! Velcro Strap instead

So do you think it look better on Bracelet or Strap (Nato,Velcro,Leather,Suede...)
I don't think the kind of strap it was worn on should be a factor... since it was on a velcro that went around a suit thick enough to support human life in an EVA. Iconic? Yes. the look when you turn up for your job in sales wearing NASA garb? Not so much iconic as ironic.

Personally I don't much like the newer style bracelet; too thick and untapered. The older kind was sleeker.

·
Registered
21,047 Posts
Personally I don't much like the newer style bracelet; too thick and untapered. The older kind was sleeker.
I agree. Which is why I have mine on an 1171!

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
The answer is: both.

Buy it on the bracelet, and then find a strap or three to change out with when you're in the mood for a different look.

A great look on any type of wristband.

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
I think the bracelet is nicely made, and for long term ownership, it's the way to buy a Speedy. However, IMO, the watch/bracelet package is too industrial looking and a bit boring. I think the best look is leather in lots of different styles, and natos are the second best look.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Both depending on mood. Beauty of versatility. One of the best imo.

Corrigea Heritage strap

Cheers!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
71,306 Posts
I'm forever banging on about how I'm a bracelet guy but the Speedy does look best on a strap (well it does to me)

·
Registered
97 Posts
What if you're applying to be an astronaut??

I don't think the kind of strap it was worn on should be a factor... since it was on a velcro that went around a suit thick enough to support human life in an EVA. Iconic? Yes. the look when you turn up for your job in sales wearing NASA garb? Not so much iconic as ironic.

·
Registered
97 Posts
My answer is: it looks better on a strap (how I voted)

However, another topic possibly entirely, but I think the speedy is the obvious answer to the infamous "one watch" question, and that great bracelet is part of the reason it works.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
To me, a strap is best and also allows for some of the owners personality so be expressed.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts