WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a pre-moon watch from 1967, how accurate can i expect the watch to be? it seems to gain about 15 to 20 seconds a day. i had it serviced and restored about 4 years ago by omega and i don't recall it coming back that more accurate.

the reason i ask is i have been wearing it more as an alternative to my sea dweller.

·
Registered
48 Posts
15 to 20 sec/day is a little on the fast side, but I'm not too sure I'd worry about it on a 1967 Speedy. If it's consistently that fast then any good watchmaker should be able to regulate it for you, but as I said - I'm not sure I'd worry about it!

·
Registered
309 Posts
You're ten years ahead of me:)
Like Koenik, I say leave it, or open it and regulate it yourself.

Still, if you have it serviced properly there is no reason why is should not be as precise as they get.

·
Registered
661 Posts
+10 sec/day on my brand new one.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I bought mine used and it's a fairly recent model (less than 10 years old?) and it's gaining 15-20 sec a day like yours. I plan to have it serviced soon.

LarryK

·
Registered
487 Posts
There is accuracy, and then there's consistency. My 2 year old Speedy Pro gains a couple of seconds a day, every day. That's a good example of accuracy and consistency.

If your watch gains almost exactly the same amount of time every day, it is probably in good shape.

I'd recommend getting it regulated by a good watchmaker to gain 1-5 seconds a day. The 861/1861/1863 movement is capable of this, I'm pretty sure the 321 is also.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts