WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening all!

Long time no post, hope all is well here in the Omega forum!

I thought I’d share a few pics of my 145.022 on a customized Uncle Seiko beads of rice bracelet.

Firstly, I’m a big fan of the USBOR, except for the stock clasp. I don’t personally find it fitting for a solid, quality bracelet like this to have the same crummy clasp you get with a $2 rubber strap on eBay.

What I wanted to do was keep the bracelet, but upgrade the clasp to something more substantial, higher quality. I picked up an excellent ratcheting clasp from Strapcode in Hong Kong with the idea of installing it on the beads.

Unfortunately, there was a size difference between the thickness of the spring bars needed to install the clasp. The bracelet only had skinny holes, so the thin spring bars came right through the sides of the clasp. Didn’t fit and looked awful frankly.

What I ended up doing was cutting my own fixed length solid bars and using a strong epoxy to adhere the bars to the bracelet itself. I wasn’t sure how it would go, how durable it would be, but it’s been a year now so it must be working to some degree!

Next time it goes out to my watchmaker, I’m going to see if he can rivet it into place.

Anyway, I digress. Looks good to me!

What do we all think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,238 Posts
I love the watch, but tbh I don't think it works very well. Beads of rice is something I associate with dive watches mostly, and here the end links don't really fit, and the clasp seems overly bulky. But I applaud the effort.

·
Premium Member
6,445 Posts
I personally love the look, and have an US BOR that I tolerate the crappy hollow endlinks only because of how good it looks!

Reactions: Foch and OzO

·
Registered
6,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It’s nice for a change. My 145.022 has a really good fit with the end links, no rattle at all. Most of the time it lives on a 1171 or Holzer, which are just so light and comfortable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts