WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Also, is there such a thing as "excessive" use of the chronograph or does not using it at all have any negative effect on the movement? Thanks!

·
Registered
425 Posts
To my knowledge, there is no such thing as excessive use of the chronograph functions of a Speedy Pro.

I am the main cook in our house and use my Speedy, when I wearing it, to time cooking times or grilling times. I also sometimes use it to remind me of when I need to pick up the Chinese food... :)

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
i rarely use it...as for "excessive use" of the function, i'd say there isn't such a thing per se.

having said that, i would think that chronos, in general terms, would have to be serviced more frequently than non-chronos simply b/c there are more moving parts.

·
Registered
663 Posts
yes, of course. i use it to time my experiments all the time while others use digital stop watches. it's not necessary, but it's fun. plus i love it when the girls say "aw... snoopy is cute."

Attachments

·
Registered
605 Posts
You can't use it too much....but you CAN use it too little. It's good to cycle it for a while every so often to re-distribute the lubricants/oils and keep them from drying up.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I use it to time when making tea/coffee, time my trips or hikes, or just other random things. I usually use it maybe every other day.

·
Banned
805 Posts
i use it in the bedroom:rodekaart

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
Very rarely...I might play with it once a week or less

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
I almost never use it.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
I do use mine for all sorts of things but I've had chronographs for many years so I suppose it's become a habit formed by usage.

·
Registered
10,270 Posts
Also, is there such a thing as "excessive" use of the chronograph or does not using it at all have any negative effect on the movement? Thanks!
I have the Speedy Reduced so I hope I can still participate :-d

I sometimes turn it on to time something but then forget to turn it off... until hours later I look at the watch again. I do the same with the stopwatch in my car dash.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
I sometimes turn it on to time something but then forget to turn it off... until hours later I look at the watch again. I do the same with the stopwatch in my car dash.
Yes, well at my age it's very easy to turn it on and then look at it ten minutes later and then have to spend half an hour trying to remember what I was timing. :-s

·
Registered
6,065 Posts
i use the chrono on my Speedy Triple Calendar whenever i can

one of the uses is to time my bathroom breaks at work... can't disappear into the john forever!

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
well there was this one time we came around the moon and after a long discusion on burn time.... oh-oh they are here, gotta go...........

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Great answers, just a question that had crossed my mind. I was especially wondering about the whole oil issue as mentioned by pbubsy...and definitely would love to hear from Speedy Reduced folks too!

·
Registered
465 Posts
Pretty often, especially when cooking or timing parking meters etc.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts