WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I am very new to Omega, and was wondering if you guys can share some of your thoughts.

I want to start my watch collection and I have never owned an Omega, until recently I am sick of those crazy prices with Rolex and PP sport models.

So I have turned my attention to other brands which sell at a much reasonable price and make good quality watches too.

That’s why I am having my eyes on Speedmaster, and there are a few models I like.

Silver Snoopy - but it’s almost impossible to get it, and even if I could, the price is out of my reach!

So my choice is now between Speedy Tuesday vs moon watch speedmaster professional.. (or maybe FOIS? but I prefer a speedy with hesalite)

For a Speedy Tuesday, I still able to find some but they all want above retail price, whereas it makes a Professional speedmaster half of its price (and brand new out of a an AD).

For obvious reason I like Speedy Tuesday more for reverse panda, but twice the cost of a speedy professional?!

Or grab a speedy professional, wait for next Snoopy LE.

Nobody knows the future, but given current ST price is already higher than retail price, will it be “riskier” than a pro if I decide to sell it in the future?

Thanks

·
Registered
Lately: Omega Seamaster Professional Divers 300
4,289 Posts
Hi Guys,

I am very new to Omega, and was wondering if you guys can share some of your thoughts.

I want to start my watch collection and I have never owned an Omega, until recently I am sick of those crazy prices with Rolex and PP sport models.

So I have turned my attention to other brands which sell at a much reasonable price and make good quality watches too.

That’s why I am having my eyes on Speedmaster, and there are a few models I like.

Silver Snoopy - but it’s almost impossible to get it, and even if I could, the price is out of my reach!

So my choice is now between Speedy Tuesday vs moon watch speedmaster professional.. (or maybe FOIS? but I prefer a speedy with hesalite)

For a Speedy Tuesday, I still able to find some but they all want above retail price, whereas it makes a Professional speedmaster half of its price (and brand new out of a an AD).

For obvious reason I like Speedy Tuesday more for reverse panda, but twice the cost of a speedy professional?!

Or grab a speedy professional, wait for next Snoopy LE.

Nobody knows the future, but given current ST price is already higher than retail price, will it be “riskier” than a pro if I decide to sell it in the future?

Thanks
Welcome to Speedy world. There's always a better one than the one you have! But better to have than not have. Speedy Tuesdays don't look like they're going to come down in price so you can always seem later. Snoopy's are hard to find and you may have to wait for some time. If I had the cash if go Speedy Tuesday now and see what the future brings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
If you have the fund I’d say get the Speedy Tuesday. I also have a thing for reverse panda dial. Unfortunately with current price it’s out of my reach and I don’t see that it will go down anytime soon. Yet I had a Speedy itch that needs to be cured so I went with the sapphire sandwich, am happy with it.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
I'm fortunate that about the only watch of Omega's I really like is the Speedmaster Professional "Moon" watch. Mine is the 3570.50 version. The original design is iconic, the rest, not so much.

·
Registered
213 Posts
From what I've seen LEs either stay constant or shoot up in price, haven't seen much plummet in general. I would go for ST instead of pro, pro is always gonna be there for you around same price.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for feedback guys!

Yes, I am leaning toward ST.. I am craving for a speedy, but I will wait til end of this year because my family will visit me from overseas. And I know that I will be able to claim some tax back. By that time, if ST becomes too expensive or unavailable, well bad luck.. I might just grab a speedy pro which I do like it too. Or I am pretty sure Omega will do another limited edition next year!

In particular I just bought myself A Lange a few months ago, my wife wouldn't be too happy if I buy a new speedy now lol!

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Speedy Tuesday, you are paying for 1) dial 2) limited - everything else holds still

Something to ask your self, can you justify paying double the price for a dial? Is it that worth it? I paid more for my Alaska, because well, I fell in love with it.

Speedy Pro is a good way to start, and very versatile watch and you won't get bored from, and another LE Snoopy would be an over kill for the current ones, they should let snoopy go away for at least 10-15 years.

I would recommend you look into new Speedy CK 2998 or the 57 (can still be found in dealers if you search for it)

Reactions: iTreelex

·
Registered
102 Posts
Any speedmaster will be a good choice. That said, if i were to get a LE, the ST will be the watch of choice. Reverse panda dial, a watch made for the online community, and only retailed online. A perfect watch to commemorate the love for speedmasters in this day and age.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
I'm fortunate that about the only watch of Omega's I really like is the Speedmaster Professional "Moon" watch. Mine is the 3570.50 version. The original design is iconic, the rest, not so much.
I like the Speedy Tuesday's dial as a variation of the iconic professional. But I don't care for the name or the caseback.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Horologic, One is essentially paying an extra what, $3000 for a dial? I've always felt limited editions of most things were for people who don't know better. Then again, what do I know? I always hated the Snoopy character on that edition. Well had I bought one instead of the 3570.50 I did, it would be worth a LOT more today. I suppose I've made some money (on paper) from what I paid for my watch but not Snoopy money...

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
The Speedmaster Pro is iconic but you could acquire it at any point since it’s unlimited. The speedy Tuesday is limited and although there were a bunch of sellers during the beginning of the yea, price seems to have increased a bit lately as the models are slowly being bought from the market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
An ad offered me 15% discount for speedy pro right away when I merely asked for the retail price...

For sure, I would prefer a ST, yes the reverse panda is beautiful and it will go very well with my Rolex 116500LN (white dial). But I'm not going to push my limit.

I now have figured, if I couldn't get ST, for that price, I could get a speedy pro + Tudor GMT (and still some spare changes left).

·
Registered
236 Posts
Would definitely say to start with the classic Moonwatch... there are so many Speedys out there, and if you're new to them, no telling where your taste might lead you in the future. I think you'll always appreciate a different version (Speedy Tuesday, Silver Snoopy (ha!) or whatever Omega comes out with next) in the future all the more for having the real mccoy in your collection already.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
The one that went to the moon had an all black dial. The one that passed the NASA torture test had a black dial.
The ST is a fun variation on a theme but is not the real deal. And certainly, IMO, is not worth the surcharge.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
The one that went to the moon had an all black dial. The one that passed the NASA torture test had a black dial.
The ST is a fun variation on a theme but is not the real deal. And certainly, IMO, is not worth the surcharge.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I have been in the market to add a first, and probably only, Speedmaster to my collection as well. Seems like you can't go wrong with one of the standard professionals, though I wouldn't pay retail myself. I was looking at the Speedy Tuesday and the Gemini IV as possible options, despite the leap in price over the professionals on the grey market.

I would want to see a ST in person and make sure I was in love with it for that much of a mark up. It looks great on the internet though. The Gemini IV is similarly priced and I was thinking it could easily be a disappointment in person, particularly if the shade of blue just didn't do it for me. So my advice is, avoid buying a watch before you get to try it on and make sure you have to have it. If I were to pull the trigger, sight unseen, I'd wait for an amazing deal from a reputable seller. They do happen.

·
Registered
575 Posts
another LE Snoopy would be an over kill for the current ones, they should let snoopy go away for at least 10-15 years.

)
We are 2 years away from the 50th Anniversary, so that would likely have another snoopy. Hopefully it brings the SS back down because that was one of my favorites and I will regret not getting them when they were 8k.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts