WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10,892 Posts
Yeah, it is the Twist-o-Flex guys.

I'm sure they're just Chinese catalog watches, but you might find one at a better price somewhere.

Reactions: Smaug

·
Premium Member
8,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
IF I could find one for 10 bucks.I like the design enough to get it They are a bit different than easy readers.I have a few of those.I think the people who buy these things at these prices are horological illiterates. I just found a big numbers watch on Ali for $5.53.Speidel does not come straight out and say it in the specs but the watch I show for Speidel is listed as silvertone.To me that is chrome plated brass.

·
Registered
10,892 Posts
I'm sure most of them are coated brass, but they're doing the standard retail markup thing.

There are a few with prices that are insanely high-- I don't know who is paying $350 for a chronograph from them, but then there are a few priced more appropriately:

$20 isn't completely unreasonable for https://www.speidel.com/index.php/m...aph-watch-with-black-and-grey-nato-strap.html As long as you're OK with "Size: No"

·
Registered
10,892 Posts
More like "how dare you ask me how big I am"?

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Shrugs....they're fashion watches...people buy such things primarily for the way they look. It's costume jewelry for the wrist. When you start comparing features with other watches, you're missing the point.

·
Premium Member
8,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
What I find insane is 80 bucks for a bracelet for a smartwatch.Actually 60 bucks for the speidel shown to me is insane.To me it's worth about 10 or maybe 20.I'm thinking have these people never heard of TIMEX or CASIO? The people who buy these are interfibrous friction fasteners and SPEIDEL is the hammer. My concern is when these people wake up and realize how royally they got ripped off it will turn them off watches.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
"Twist-O-Flex" are great if you have to wash hands all the time ... like working in a kitchen or the medical fields.

Attachments

·
Registered
292 Posts
I wonder how many TOF have been sold! One of the commercials I remember most growing up...and "I can't believe I ate the whole thing," Old Spice and Madge the Palmolive lady.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts