WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been thinking about getting an automatic chronograph for a while now, and the ref H32416981 caught my eye. But one thing is driving me crazy. How do you read the top subdial??

I assume the bottom is 12 hours, but the top is baffling to me. Am I crazy, dumb, or just missing something?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So I've been thinking about getting an automatic chronograph for a while now, and the ref H32416981 caught my eye. But one thing is driving me crazy. How do you read the top subdial??

I assume the bottom is 12 hours, but the top is baffling to me. Am I crazy, dumb, or just missing something?

Here's a better picture...

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Huh, that IS weird. I've only ever casually glanced at this watch before and never noticed this feature. I wonder if maybe the minutes register increments in some other multiple of minutes. It would be great to know this -- sorry I am not of help, but now I am equally intrigued. It certainly is a beautiful and elegant Hamilton.

Myron

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not following. What's confusing? It's just a standard 30-minute subdial.
Look closely at the numbers and increments. There's 10 lines between each number, but the digits only increase by 5.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't look that closely when reading a watch. LOL. It's just decoration. It's also missing ten minutes of indices.
Haha wow. I guess this is what happens when you're looking at this stuff at 5am. I see it now and I feel kind of dumb.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Haha wow. I guess this is what happens when you're looking at this stuff at 5am. I see it now and I feel kind of dumb.

To me it's still weird. There are 10 hash marks between 5 minutes of marked elapsed time. This would indicate that it increments every 30 seconds. Sure the dial registers a total of 30 minutes, but judging by appearances it increments 60 times while doing so. If it is literally just decoration, I'd call this bad design since it's so misleading.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
I don't like it...what's the significance in counting in 2.5 min steps? Nonetheless, you're blind until 2.5 min in and 2.5 min until full register. The rest of the design is solid! Love the jubilee bracelet

1 - 10 of 10 Posts