WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I’m a bit lost with the IWC Spitfire collection.
It looks like the 2019 new released pilot’s watches doesn’t show "spitfire" anymore on the dial for chronographs.
But still for Marx XVIII. Am I right?
Why Hodinkee showing these models with still old models?
Also are previous Spitfire models not fully in-house movements?
I do like the red "Spitfire" on the bronze chronograph. I’m not keen of chronograph watches but that one...
Thanks

𝘐𝘯𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘨𝘳𝘢𝘮 @𝘫𝘶𝘭𝘪𝘦𝘯.𝘱𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘴𝘪𝘥𝘦

·
Registered
557 Posts
Current model uses Vauncher movement. Vauncher is a Richemont group manufacture so you can say this is IWC manufacture movement also .

Vauncher supplies almost identical movement to MontBlanc too.

Hey guys, I’m a bit lost with the IWC Spitfire collection.
It looks like the 2019 new released pilot’s watches doesn’t show "spitfire" anymore on the dial for chronographs.
But still for Marx XVIII. Am I right?
Why Hodinkee showing these models with still old models?
Also are previous Spitfire models not fully in-house movements?
I do like the red "Spitfire" on the bronze chronograph. I’m not keen of chronograph watches but that one...
Thanks

𝘐𝘯𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘨𝘳𝘢𝘮 @𝘫𝘶𝘭𝘪𝘦𝘯.𝘱𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘴𝘪𝘥𝘦

·
Registered
37 Posts
Current model uses Vauncher movement. Vauncher is a Richemont group manufacture so you can say this is IWC manufacture movement also .

Vauncher supplies almost identical movement to MontBlanc too.
To be perfectly honest, I don’t care whether the movement is in house or not. However IWC claims they manufacture the movement, did Vauncher design the movement specifically for IWC? Or does IWC and Montblanc share the same exact blueprint and name it differently?

Just curious,
Danny

·
Registered
517 Posts
only the prototypes of the chronos had the red "spitfire" or "top gun" text.

The final versions do not have it on the dial. Only the time/date only models still feature that red text in the final versions.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts