WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
10,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was lucky enough to catch Protege (aka Moon To) at a special screening last night as part of the OzAsia festival here in Adelaide. An AMAZING film, if exceedingly gritty and at times very hard to watch. Certainly not your typical Hong Kong gangster film then. Both Daniel Wu and Andy Lau are supreme - I can't recommend it enough.

As you may or may not know, Daniel Wu is a celebrity face of Seiko, and he wears the SPL019 in one of the ads. It is sometimes known as the "Daniel Wu Seiko" as he supposedly selected it himself (http://yeomanseiko.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!3318BA07329CD633!913.entry).

I think it is a sharp looking watch, and quite possibly the watch he wore in Protege (which was filmed in 2007). Looked great on him, and I've never bought a watch featured in a film before (because usually they are so expensive!). These can be had for US$255, which seems reasonable to me.

Do anyof you hve one of these? If so, what is it like? Solid lin bracelet or folded? Are the city names on the bezel functional or merely decorative (given the lack of a 24 hour hand)? Is this a 7t92 movement?

Thanks! (go out and rent the DVD!)

·
Banned
10,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
1 - 2 of 2 Posts