WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm new to the forum and wanted to ask about sporty band options for my Tag. I have a Tag Carrera Automatic Chronograph Calibre 17 with a "dressy" black leather band. I rarely wear the watch and I'm thinking if it was more sporty, I would wear it more.

Can anyone recommend a rubber band to fit the watch? The current leather band is very thin, so I'm guessing a replacement band would also need to be somewhat thin to fit the watch. I'm thinking about a band that is also very flexible and lightweight to maintain the weight of the watch.

Thanks in advance for any advise.

·
Registered
18,182 Posts
WUS has a whole forum dedicated to straps and bands. But you will need to know the size of the gap between the lugs (in mm) to avail yourself of the options. Changing straps and bands is semi-easy if you have the right tools.

Personally, I'd look at mesh bracelets...

·
3,271 Posts
Eeeb, I find mesh bracelets really classy. But I'm afraid they will scratch the inside of the lugs. What's your experience with that?

·
Registered
18,182 Posts
Eeeb, I find mesh bracelets really classy. But I'm afraid they will scratch the inside of the lugs. What's your experience with that?
They are benign compared to the flexible bands!

·
3,271 Posts
you mean to say a mesh bracelet will do less harm to the inside of the lugs than a leather band will ??

They are benign compared to the flexible bands!

·
Registered
18,182 Posts
you mean to say a mesh bracelet will do less harm to the inside of the lugs than a leather band will ??
No, the flexible bands like Spidels are major gougers. They have a spring loaded doodad that makes sure the bracelet fights tight... it does all the while gouging your lugs.

I've not had a problem with properly sized mesh bands but I only have a couple.

·
3,271 Posts
Although I think these mesh bracelets can look quite elegant on some watches, I have always been scared the swinging movement of the band would scratch the watch inside the lugs...

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Material property Fashion accessory Analog watch Watch Strap Electric blue Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

1 - 7 of 7 Posts