1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Vendor
6,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
9,532 Posts
It looks to have the typical issues: big lume dot on bezel, "metal" marker surrounds too thick (though the markers, themselves, are too small), incorrectly proportioned case (stubby lugs), text on dial too large, etc. It looks like the hands were probably the correct size for the previous model, but too small for the current Co-axed Bond.

It's interesting that, while the PO is a much newer watch, the fakes have gotten much better, whereas the good ol' Bond still has really crappy fakes like this one.

eric

·
Vendor
6,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
whereas the good ol' Bond still has really crappy fakes like this one.

eric
How dare you insult the Seller !! :-d

He claims the watch is genuine, as are all his items, including the China fake Omega boxes. :rodekaart

·
Vendor
6,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can someone do something, some buyer allready offered 624e for that piece of s*it ?
Other than report it to Ebay, who will not know why it is fake, the listing will probably stay live until the watch is bought.

The hidden bidder ID ( Ebay's most hideous idea ) will prevent anyone from contacting the Buyer to inform him of the piece of S**T he has just wasted his money on.

I have reported it to my Account Manager in the hope that the listing and the seller will be removed from Ebay, time will tell.

·
Registered
504 Posts
If enough people report it, they'll pull it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
see, now u guys are scarin me...Ive been scoutin eBay for months to buy a Tag Heuer on there & am finally gettin up the nerve but see there are lots of fakes out there and slowly picking up on good tips here/there..but could use more help b4 purchasing. will i have any luck if I purchase one of these or will it b "fake-ville" for me? Any help's def. appreciated!

·
Registered
9,532 Posts
see, now u guys are scarin me...Ive been scoutin eBay for months to buy a Tag Heuer on there & am finally gettin up the nerve but see there are lots of fakes out there and slowly picking up on good tips here/there..but could use more help b4 purchasing. will i have any luck if I purchase one of these or will it b "fake-ville" for me? Any help's def. appreciated!
Welcome to the forum. I really don't know much about modern TH watches, but I know that there are fakes. I'd suggest posting your question on the TH forum, here on Watchuseek.

eric

·
Registered
661 Posts
I'd say the Aquaracer is probably real. The only thing that looks very slightly off compared to the one pictured on the TAG website is the font of the outer bezel markings. The numbers look slightly thinner on this one, but it's probably just the harsh lighting. If it's a fake, it's very accurate. No idea on the other 2.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts