8,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
albacore1.jpg

albacoresapphire.jpg

albacore2.jpg

albacore can.jpg

Albacorecan back.jpg

(Pics from Yobokies)

What do you guys think of the Yobokies' Albacore? According to pbj204, this watch is priced at about 399 bucks and limited to 150 pieces so this might be a good option for someone looking for a more inexpensive Tuna option. The Albacore's powered by a NEH36 movement and rated to 200m.

I also like the neat can "box" that it seems shipped with.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Ya beat me to posting it here :-d! I think it's a great looking homage and I like the kanji on the dial.

Not a huge fan of the Tuna but I look forward to see what else yobokies will do.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Hmm...looks wise I think it looks ok. Not a fan of the date the way it is...it would look much better without, IMO. So everything is custom? I'd like to see the back as well.

The NEH36 is what movement? I understand that's the generic unbranded version?

Overall I think it's a nice Tuna on a budget...priced just right...any more and I'd rather spend the extra for a 007 or 017.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
I believe the NH36 is the unbranded new Seiko 4R36 movement that is in the new Monster, here is a caseback and side picture from Yobokies site

alba.jpg alba2.jpg

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
It looks good,
I would also want to see the back.
Can someone give us some information for the neh36?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
928 Posts
At first glance I thought it was just a dial mod, but I guess there are some differences. Looks like shroud is a little different, not sure what else. I'd rather just get the Seiko but I can see where that price is attractive.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I like it, and as has been stated above. It's an alternative for those that don't have a full Tuna in their budget. (I would have preferred a 6r15)

Cheers
BR

·
6,785 Posts
Very nice for the $$$. Looks like Harold has a winner:-!

I like the brushed lugs & shroud with bead blasted case back. Also the bezel and crown.

Cheers
Shannon

·
Banned
1,556 Posts
He also has new PVD stainless steel bezel inserts on the site. One with white painted markers and one lumed. Now you can have a tuna with a lumed bezel or an skx007 with a lumed bezel!

·
Registered
8,173 Posts
Reactions: pepcr1

·
Registered
Unabashed Casio G-Shock fanboy
8,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What's the price difference between those two? I assume the first one is $399. Does the second one have a blue dial? Or, just the AR coating sapphire effect? I guess it's blue as the crown has the blue tip.
The second one displays optional configurations for the Albacore, such as the AR sapphire crystal and fat font bezel insert. I think those options increase the price by a bit.

·
Registered
409 Posts
He also has new PVD stainless steel bezel inserts on the site. One with white painted markers and one lumed. Now you can have a tuna with a lumed bezel or an skx007 with a lumed bezel!

Actually, Harold is only offering the bezels as white enamel filled and just the pip being lumed.
I purchased a couple and have one off being lumed as we speak....they're awesome, I've installed the other insert into my SBBN017. They are a smidge loose within the Tuna bezel so a small amount of clear epoxy is needed to secure

·
Registered
844 Posts
Actually, Harold is only offering the bezels as white enamel filled and just the pip being lumed.
I purchased a couple and have one off being lumed as we speak....they're awesome, I've installed the other insert into my SBBN017. They are a smidge loose within the Tuna bezel so a small amount of clear epoxy is needed to secure

Dang, that looks just perfect, Shawn....WOW!

It's definitely an improvement over the other inserts used to mod the tunas (SKX007, 6309 repros, etc.)

Another great taste mod, Shawn my friend!

Hey, only noticed it now....did you just brushed the shroud on your 017? It looks like factory made (015 material)....another WOW!

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Yeah, it sure looks like Harold has a winner here.
He showed me a sneak peek of this in April actually, so I was kinda waiting to see when it would materialise !
It's the same movement as the 4R36 as in the rubber Tunas, etc. Love the Tuna Can box it comes in too...
BTW, Harold is working on an SS shroud for the SRP rubber Tunas now, according to him. Can't wait for that to come out, and hope there will be a DLC version of it also.

Regards,

·
Registered
409 Posts
Dang, that looks just perfect, Shawn....WOW!

It's definitely an improvement over the other inserts used to mod the tunas (SKX007, 6309 repros, etc.)

Another great taste mod, Shawn my friend!

Hey, only noticed it now....did you just brushed the shroud on your 017? It looks like factory made (015 material)....another WOW!

Hey Chris,

Thanks for the positive comments, much appreciated Brother!

You've homed in exactly to what I did to the previously blasted 017 shroud. I actually turned it on my lathe last night.
The blasted factory finish was extremely worn as I use this tuna for everyday wear. It's taken a beating over the past year and deserved a little refresher.

I've recently picked up a minty SBBN011 so it was time to clean this one up.

I've loved the look of the 015 but didn't see the benefit in purchasing another 300m tuna just for cosmetic reasons. Harold's insert fit the bill in being very similar to the engraved and pvd'd finish of the 015 so it seemed a natural decision to refinish the shroud with a brushed finish. She's set for another year of hard use....I've also got one of Harold's sapphire crystals ready to go in when I have the time to swap and pressure test it.

Now that I've seen Harold's Albacore Tuna homage I can see another purchase on the horizon. Although I'm most likely going to swap his dial out in favor of a spare Yao MkII dial I've been keeping for just the right watch.

Best
Shawn

·
Registered
6,920 Posts
Daaamn, those look pretty nice, and a decent price (Even thought 399 is more than I've ever spent on a watch). But by the time I could save up 4-hundy AND convince myself to get one, they'd be long gone since they are limited.

·
Registered
14,475 Posts
Group Buy Group Buy Group Buy Group Buy Group Buy Group Buy...

Waddayasay fellas?

1 - 20 of 55 Posts