WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone,

I live in Japan and I just got an email newsletter from Tag. It looks like they have some new models out. Well "new", some are just gimmicky variations but check out this Aquaracer. It's a 500m, 43 mm case beauty with a valve. I'm in love and drooling...and I'm finding my hand twitching to get the plastic out of the wallet. HELP!
Of course I haven't seen it in person but soon going to an AD to check it out.

I was waiting for so long for Tag to come out with a non chrono Aquaracer that's on the bigger side, I mean more than the 41 mm they offer now. Anyway check out the link and the pic.
What do you think of this model. Like?, don't like? Nothing special?
Cheers.

http://www.tagheuer.co.jp/collection/2009spring/

Attachments

· Premium Member
3,304 Posts
Re: Spring 2009 New Aquaracer

looks nice ! I love the Calibre 5... it's in my 2000 series.. great movement. 43mm seems a bit too large for what I am used to. The date on the left looks like the watch is being seen thru a mirror !! hehehehe

· Registered
421 Posts

is the newletter really from Tag officially?

valve (although adds no practicallity for most folks but still cool)
cyclopes (does rolex have a patent on this?

dislikes:
the crown looks abit too fat
what the hell is the 500m wording doing there?! it'd look nicer at the 6 0'clock position tog w automatic and caliber 5
date at 9 o'clock... might work if the "500m" is not beside
the font of the number on the bezel too huge. ugly for me.

· Registered
71 Posts

The <deleted> at Heuer put the date window on the wrong side of the dial. I like it except for the date being at the 9 o'clock position.
Agree with you on this. The numbers on the bezel are rather large too.

What is the button on the top left?

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

It's cool to hear all your takes on this model. Don't know about you guys but I personally love it and that's the beauty of it....different strokes for different folks eh!
But I've yet to see how it looks and feels on the wrist.

I'm assuming this was on official newsletter from Tag Japan as I registered to get it from the www.tagheuer.co.jp site.

Anyway I looking to get an Aquaracer and I don't like the non chrono models they have now....or at least I like this new one more. Hopefully they'll make a new Aquaracer that the rest of you guys will find to your liking.

Cheers.

· Registered
628 Posts

It's cool to hear all your takes on this model. Don't know about you guys but I personally love it and that's the beauty of it....different strokes for different folks eh!
Cheers.
Nuff said! That is the most important thing Bro! Some of my friends hate my Pams, RXWs or Anonimos.... too bad. Let em have their Rolexes, Links (or copies) like every other "bijineesuman" on the train. Be different and go after what your hear says. That is most important. It is your money and you will have to wear it!

· Registered
229 Posts

Wow...i'm digging it.

Thanks for the info...

· Registered
5,098 Posts

i like it, its very original.

i love the 43mm size.

· Registered
663 Posts

Why did they put an "8" where the "9" should be???

Just kidding.... I think it's a cool looking watch. It also looks like there's a magnifying bubble over the date as well. I don't know that I'd buy one (I like the previous Aquaracer look) but I'd definitely try one on. It's got a different look which I like.

· Registered
384 Posts

Good looking watch. I don't really like the date swap either, though not sure I'd call the makers "retarded". I definitely love the previous AR model better, both chrono and not.

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)

Don't know if I should have started a new thread....

I went to the local AD today and they actually had this new AQ in stock. I tried it on and snapped a couple of quick pics with my phone (so please forgive the poor quality). One pic is not mine...thanks google!

In person this watch is even better than I thought. The level of detail on the bezel as well as the dial is fantastic. Hand applied logo, hour markers, nice detailing around the date and the 500m insignia (which I know some of you are not crazy about).
The watch itself feels like a tank, very solid and rugged, nice bracelet, and I was really surprised to discover that it has an exhibition case back showing the calibre 5. The movement looked very well detailed, but I imagine it's the same as all the other calibre 5's. The exhibition back put this watch over the top for me. Awesome.

Enjoy the pics. But it looks so much better in person. Try one on if you can.

You can also check this out :http://www.tagheuer.co.jp/collection/aquaracer/aquaracer_automatic_cal5_500m/

Attachments

· Registered
204 Posts
Definitely got a Seamaster look about it.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.