WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do I have my spring bar information correct? I have a 3573 Speedy and a 2500 PO both with 20mm lugs.

For bracelets I need 19mm bars and the Omega part number is 0068ST2207.

For straight straps I need 20mm bars and the part number is
0068ST2208.

Thanks!

·
Registered
579 Posts
Why on earth would you buy Omega spring bars?

Just get some generic spring bars in the 1.5-1.8mm diameter range from a watchmaker or a full kit of various sizes on eBay for about $4. I have some vintage bracelets that need thinner bars (1.3mm) but otherwise I've never had any issues with cheapo spring bars. I do change mine periodically though.

·
Registered
579 Posts

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Sorry for hijacking your thread, Perseus!

I'm thinking of going for my first non-Omega strap (a Heuerville) for my Speedmaster Pro. This will be the first time I have ever removed/replaced a bracelet/strap.

I was planning to just use the spring bars already on the watch , but the opening post mentioning two different sized bars has got me confused.

Can't I just use the bars already on the watch?

(As you can see, I'm a complete novice - apologies for the question and thanks for your patience!)

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
AFAIK Omega specify two different sizes of spring bar for the Speedmaster and Seamaster, not sure about the newer PO's etc. The one described as 20mm is for straps and the one described as 19mm is for the metal bracelets, the reason for this is that there is very little flex in the newer metal bracelet end links and it would be difficult to install them using the longer spring bars. The straps are obviously more flexible and the longer spring bars are used.

The genuine Omega spring bars are really nice quality and normally around $1 each, so its probably worth to spend that little bit when you're fitting them to a watch worth a few thousand $$$

I normally try to use the 20mm 2208's on both straps or bracelets and only if I find it too difficult to fit the bracelet end links, then I'll use the 2207's - but that just my choice :-d

This is correct:-

Do I have my spring bar information correct? I have a 3573 Speedy and a 2500 PO both with 20mm lugs.

For bracelets I need 19mm bars and the Omega part number is 0068ST2207.

For straight straps I need 20mm bars and the part number is
0068ST2208.

Thanks!
And the spring bars for the mesh bracelet are different form either of the above

Reactions: Perseus
1 - 9 of 9 Posts