WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
7,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As Seiko gets ready to release the new SBDB008 Spring Drive Tuna a real photo is available:) This is from Seiya's FB page.

Apparently the SBDB008 is a Limited Edition of only 300 pieces. I'm sure Seiko will release a non golden version in the near future SBDB009?
According to Seiya the shroud is DLC titanium. I'm glad it's Ti...no worries about it cracking or breaking|> The shroud has been notched so the strap can lay flatter on the wrst...this is a good thing IMO. I also like how the shroud is brushed on the sides and polished on the edges, very nice IMO. The bezel insert looks like ceramic...hopefully it's fully lumed! It seems Seiko decided to go with a traditional style case with a removable case back.

Here is the cool part.....Joe at Arizona Fine Time has announced that they will be selling these in the states, apparently AFT is the first Seiko AD in North America to sell the Prospex series. Hopefully AFT will have the whole Marine Master line as well :-!

So...what do you think of the better photo?

UPDATE!!!!

5R65 movement, 22mm lugs & 16.2mm thick

Cheers
Shannon

·
7,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I like it, unfortunately Joe can't ship to Canada.
I'm sure Katsu, Seiya or Chino can send it to your front door:-!

With the JPY hovering around 100 per 1 USD this should have a street price around $3,000. Pretty good deal IMO!

Cheers
Shannon

Cheers
Shannon

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
A non Golden Spring Drive Tuna would be the Darth version for sure and would be worth the wait. Would have to hate to baby a LE tool watch....

Around 3K for a LE Spring driven Tuna sounds about right.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
A non Golden Spring Drive Tuna would be the Darth version for sure and would be worth the wait. Would have to hate to baby a LE tool watch....

Around 3K for a LE Spring driven Tuna sounds about right.
I would snap one up for sure...look at some of the micros trying to get 2k out of a watch with a standard ETA in it...spring drive alone is worth that price of admission imo

·
Registered
756 Posts
Dial is just a little too busy for me. I like the idea but it's kind of like Seiko decided to smoosh (that is a real word) all of their best features in the Tuna.

·
7,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
$3k is that really what this will go for?
MSRP is $400,000 JPY at roughly 100 JPY per USD and the typical 25% discount. Maybe the non LE will go for $2,700:-!

Cheers
Shannon

·
Registered
137 Posts
Very nice, can't wait for a full stainless version.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts