WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And yes I posted this at the watchmaking forum also:

On my O7 watches, the lugs are drilled and O7 sells springbars that have no little ring around the pin. No problem with drilled lugs but a pain otherwise. Then there are the most common which have the pin end with a ring slightly in from the end, my guess is for something to grab with the removal tool.

My question is this: how do I measure the pin length for each size lug width?

O7's are 24mm for the barrel and the lugs are 24mm apart.

But if I want springbars for my Glycine(22mm), those I have that are called 22mm, barrel length, are more like 20mm -21mm.

So do I compress to the ring on each end to measure or do I use 20mm barrels are for 22mm lugs; 18mm barrels are for 20mm lugs etc?

Thanks

paul

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
I buy my spring bar from Otto Frei or Jules Borel and trust the sizes they send to fit as advertised.

If you can test, compress the spring bar fully and if it is short enough to fit between the lugs, use it. The longer the barrel the better, as this gives the most strength for a given diameter.

·
Registered
86 Posts
If you're like me, you bracket it and buy both... I'll need em eventually (and shipping is expensive).

sorry to be of no help, but...

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks folks! And Lysander, the part about the longer the barrel the stronger, is right on. It is just I ordered 24mm and what I got seemed like long 22mm so the barrel seemed short.

Anyway now I have a bunch of all sizes and just find two that work best!

paul:thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts