The 1st: 60$/45,5€ with shipping
The 2nd: 39GPB/76$/58€ a little bit expensive :-S

(photos from the seller)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Hi Bestak

I think the first is hard to judge. It was on the bay for some weeks now and nobody wanted it (including me). I was unsure because I never saw something similar. The dial does not look like the usual momemade dials but it could be from another watch which simply has, (like some Raketas) a globe on the dial. All the Sputniks I know have the word "sputnik" somewhere written on the dial but on this one there is nothing :-S

The second one has the wrong case, should have the "spider" type case.
Sadly the dial is not original and the hands should not be luminous.

But both watches are nice looking and sure are something to wear.

Phil

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Bestak

I think the first is hard to judge. It was on the bay for some weeks now and nobody wanted it (including me). I was unsure because I never saw something similar. The dial does not look like the usual momemade dials but it could be from another watch which simply has, (like some Raketas) a globe on the dial. All the Sputniks I know have the word "sputnik" somewhere written on the dial but on this one there is nothing :-S

Phil
thank's :-!

For the first dial i haven't see anywhere the same so it could be an original franken
For the second i know the dialis too clean to be old, but the hands are quite correct for me especially the second hand,of course no lume . For the case now i know what was fully wrong :-!

"But both watches are nice looking and sure are something to wear"
Yes that's why i bought them
;-)

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Bestak

Phil
thank's :-! No surprise about that

For the first dial i haven't see anywhere the same so it could be an original franken
For the second i know the dialis too clean to be old, but the hands are quite correct for me especially the second hand,of course no lume . For the case now i know what was fully wrong :-!

Now i have to hunt for a correct case which look like ?:think:

"But both watches are nice looking and sure are something to wear"
Yes that's why i bought them
;-)

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i receive the first one this week

Look nice. Franken or Not Franken That is the question :-S ;-) :-D

·
Registered
297 Posts
I bid 2 sputnik on ebay, the 2nd one just now
i hope there not too franken

The 1st: 60$/45,5€ with shipping
The 2nd: 39GPB/76$/58€ a little bit expensive :-S

(photos from the seller)
Hi

The first watch is a Raketa Leningrad, issued to commemorate 250 years of St. Peterburg, very rare! The second one is a fake!

Regards, Raketa

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Second hand is wrong. Should be just straight without arrows or dots at all.
This second hand looks like more to be a regular sputnik watch second hands, the dot point passing above the circumpherence circle of the stellite trajectory.
This circle isn't in this dial so the red point seems strange

·
Registered
237 Posts
Hi

The first watch is a Raketa Leningrad, issued to commemorate 250 years of St. Peterburg, very rare! The second one is a fake!

Regards, Raketa
Strange Raketa...,Raketa :)

The case is of a 17 jewel Sportivnie, and the movement is 17 jewel 1st MWF, most likely also Sportivnie.

regards,

Tammo

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

The case is of a 17 jewel Sportivnie, and the movement is 17 jewel 1st MWF, most likely also Sportivnie.

regards,

Tammo
The seller text is
"Up for bid a commemorative watch to first flight soviet sputnik to space orbit in 1957y. Made in former USSR in early 1960's by factory 1Mchz(First Moscow Watch Factory). The watch has a hacking mechanism (when you pull out the crown - movement stops) ...
mechanical movement eith 17 ruby jewels;

body diameter(size) - 34mm

wristband size - 17mm"

:)

·
Registered
297 Posts

regards,

Tammo
Rest assured, according to the archives of the factory it is a Raketa. Even the case looks original. The movement should be a 2608. But than, movements may change during the life of a watch, like hands by the way, not at least due to lack of spare parts.

Regards
Raketa

1 - 13 of 13 Posts