WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I have bought and sold 2 of the 5600 style g shocks but I sell them because they are too small. It seems the lug to lug is too short so it doesn't sit flat against my wrist. I have a 7.5" wrist and it seems to ride the bone and flops around. I was wondering if there is a g shock that'll fit that isn't a monster. I was looking at this model.

·
Registered
7,000 Posts
If you want a longer lug to lug distance, maybe a DW-6900 or GW-6900 would work. Even with the DW-6900BB-1, which has a non-tapering 5600 style strap, there is quite a bit of wrist gap on my 7" wrist. Some of the more common models have a strap that flares out even more.

A DW-6900 will give you all of the functions of a DW-5600E, with the addition of the front-mounted light button. A GW-6900 has all of the functions of a GW-M5610, with the addition of the front-mounted light button, dual time and the option for a 3 second backlight duration.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Hi all, I have bought and sold 2 of the 5600 style g shocks but I sell them because they are too small. It seems the lug to lug is too short so it doesn't sit flat against my wrist. I have a 7.5" wrist and it seems to ride the bone and flops around. I was wondering if there is a g shock that'll fit that isn't a monster. I was looking at this model.
This gwm530 is definitely much wider in lug to lug dimension than the square (at least feels that way due to more outward design of where strap meets watch), to the extent that a bit too long for my 6.5in wrist, that I eventually sold it a few years ago. Squares fits best. My recently purchased Gw2310 fits surprisingly well but still has larger wrist presence than squares.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's just too big. I've been wearing this one and I'm getting tired of the size. It always gets caught on my jackets even I put them on

Enviado desde mi SM-G955U mediante Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
That's just too big. I've been wearing this one and I'm getting tired of the size. It always gets caught on my jackets even I put them on

Well if you want bigger and thin, you won’t find any in Gs.

·
Registered
159 Posts
you can try a strap like what I installed on my awg100, it's a ballistic nylon model, I bought it at tik tox in the UK. it should fit the squares and it should keep the watch in place securely enough that it's size should not matter.
the strap is a one piece but I cut and singed the fabric between the spring bar loops and made it a two piece because it sat too high.
if you don't like that, the awg-m100 is a bit larger than the squares and is a great watch.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Does it eliminate the wrist gap if I buy the adapter for a nato strap?

·
Registered
7,000 Posts
Does it eliminate the wrist gap if I buy the adapter for a nato strap?

I find that resin adapters generally reduce the wrist gap. I've done this with four different types of JaysAndKays adapters, on my King, GW-9400, GW-9110 and G-9000.

Metal adapters, with the additional spring bar, seem to increase the lug to lug distance compared to resin adapters. I used the JaysAndKays 16/20mm on my GLS-5600, which originally had Casio resin adapters, to get more wrist gap.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
I'm a fan of the NATO straps

It wears more comfortably, but it rides a little higher.

It fits under a sleeve, but I find that if it pushes ahead of the sleeve, it's not uncomfortable.

IMG_20190614_225040858.jpg IMG_20190730_051214375.jpg IMG_20190730_051438728.jpg

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You're right, the NATO is comfortable on the 5600. Glad I stuck with it. This is in my rotation several times a week now. That's the Jay and Kay's kit

·
Registered
126 Posts
My wrist is 8.5 inches, I only wear squares on steel or nato's.

My favorite is the CasioOak (GA-2100). Wears great, can be fitted to a casio combi-bracelet which is my preference.

G-Steel are beasts, but they are spectacular.

I have the the round casio (MTG-900?) you pictured in the first post, but mine is chromed. Wears big, and is g-shock tough. Can be had on eBay for less than $75. Very comfortable bracelet.

·
Registered
30 Posts
My wrist is 8.5 inches, I only wear squares on steel or nato's.

My favorite is the CasioOak (GA-2100). Wears great, can be fitted to a casio combi-bracelet which is my preference.

G-Steel are beasts, but they are spectacular.

I have the the round casio (MTG-900?) you pictured in the first post, but mine is chromed. Wears big, and is g-shock tough. Can be had on eBay for less than $75. Very comfortable bracelet.
My wrist is 8.5 inches too. I've been searching for a suitable G Shock for a few months now. Getting a bit sick tbh, going round in circles, banging my head against the wall. I'm finding it difficult to find info on what G Shocks will fit (strap length) out of the box, without necessarily having to change straps. The other issue is that I don't necessarily want a monster of a watch sitting on my wrist. I don't like the style of the GX-56BB at all.

However, a lot of people suggest a standard square will be too small, that it will look like a toy on my wrist.

This is going to be my second G Shock, I had one about 20 years ago. Actually, it might be my second and third G Shocks as I'm considering getting 2. I keep coming back to a standard square and perhaps a more sporty one too, but I'm apprehensive a bit with the squares in case it doesn't fit. I see you wear your squares on a steel or nato strap. Do you know if a standard square on a resin strap would fit an 8.5" wrist? I've been looking at the DW-5600BB. I've also been looking at the DW-5600BBN on the cloth strap as an alternative if the resin doesn't fit. Even if I have to change the strap on the latter it will be easier as it already comes with the adapters.

The Casioak is a good shout. I've been looking at them too.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts