WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have a 8.25" wrist and put a combi v2 bracelet on my 5600. I had to remove a link so it should be large enough. Much more comfortable than the rubber strap, which was tight on the second to last hole (when the tab is long enough to still reach the keeper).

·
Registered
323 Posts
My wrist is 8.5 inches too. I've been searching for a suitable G Shock for a few months now. Getting a bit sick tbh, going round in circles, banging my head against the wall. I'm finding it difficult to find info on what G Shocks will fit (strap length) out of the box, without necessarily having to change straps. The other issue is that I don't necessarily want a monster of a watch sitting on my wrist. I don't like the style of the GX-56BB at all.

However, a lot of people suggest a standard square will be too small, that it will look like a toy on my wrist.

This is going to be my second G Shock, I had one about 20 years ago. Actually, it might be my second and third G Shocks as I'm considering getting 2. I keep coming back to a standard square and perhaps a more sporty one too, but I'm apprehensive a bit with the squares in case it doesn't fit. I see you wear your squares on a steel or nato strap. Do you know if a standard square on a resin strap would fit an 8.5" wrist? I've been looking at the DW-5600BB. I've also been looking at the DW-5600BBN on the cloth strap as an alternative if the resin doesn't fit. Even if I have to change the strap on the latter it will be easier as it already comes with the adapters.

The Casioak is a good shout. I've been looking at them too.
Have you looked at the Frogman? Looong strap and great size for a wrist your size...

·
Registered
535 Posts
If I was going to buy a larger watch instead of the squares, I personally would be considering the GW-9400 next.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thanks for all of the advice. I currently have 2 watches incoming.

A Timex digital, a model that I didn't even know existed. I had been quite disappointed with Timex's digital offerings, design wise, but also because a lot of them seem to just come with acrylic glass even if they are shock watches. This one is a square shape, blacked out, shock resistant, 200m water resistant, mineral glass etc. A little bit of research revealed that the band is quite long and is of a soft silicone so I'm hoping that it is a comfortable fit straight out of the box. It was a bit of a bargain, so the price also swayed me.

I have also bought a used G-Shock GD-100.

I'm not sure what has happened to me? I'm now already looking at another G-Shock, before the above 2 watches have even arrived.

I have gone from no digital watches in 2019. To buying 2 Casio W218h's, which incidentally fit my 8.5" wrist out of the box. I have now bought the above 2 watches, and I think I'll be purchasing another G-Shock within a day or 2. There will be more in the future too. I'm already looking at watch boxes just for my G-Shock/digital watches.

I keep coming back to the Mudmans. There are some bargain prices on these at the minute in the UK. Not sure what the straps are like for big wrists though?

Cheers

·
Registered
30 Posts
The Timex turned up today. I like it and the original band fits my 8.5" wrist very comfortably on the last notch. That doesn't create the problem you sometimes get when on the last couple of holes of a strap and there's not enough strap to hold the keeper in place as there is a locking mechanism for the keeper.

Having said the above about the strap. I think the look of the watch will be transformed for the better on a different strap. Having the Timex in my hand I don't think the original strap suits the watch. It certainly doesn't do it any favours.

I'm still waiting for the G-Shock to arrive and I'm still considering other G-Shocks.

·
Registered
203 Posts
How about this? Not radio controlled or tough solar though. Less than £100 here in the UK. My wrist size is a small 6 1/4” and it fits well, wrap around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
30 Posts
How about this? Not radio controlled or tough solar though. Less than £100 here in the UK. My wrist size is a small 6 1/4” and it fits well, wrap around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Funnily enough that's one of the models I have been considering. I've heard it wears really comfortably.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts