• GW-5000

Votes: 21 23.3%
  • GMW-B5000 series model

Votes: 32 35.6%
  • DW-5600E

Votes: 15 16.7%
  • Other square....

Votes: 17 18.9%
  • SQUARES?? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKING SQUARES!

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • They ain't potato chips, but I still can't pick just one!

Votes: 8 8.9%
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1) How long have you enjoyed Casio squares?

2) What's your favorite square, and why?

PICS NEEDED please!! (y)

For me, I didn't have a liking for squares right away - as hard as that might be to believe... In fact, it took me probably a couple years of enjoying Gs before I suddenly wanted a square. It hit me out of the blue, one day as I was looking at a WRUW photo of a DW-5030C-1 square! That beauty was my first square, then I got the GW-5000, and things spiraled from there... (up, or down, depending on your point of view!) 馃ぃ

My favorite square has to be the GMW-B5000TFC-1, the Porter LE. (though a very close 2nd is the TCM Ti version) It's not my favorite because it's so limited and more or less unobtanium at this point. I like it because: it's all-metal; it's got DLC all over; and IMO the color scheme on the dial can't be beat. I especially like the pop of the red border, and the splash of blue with the "Water Resist 20Bar". 馃敟 (& the brick pattern is cool too!) The fact that it is so limited is just icing on the cake.

Registered
Not all that long. I've always worn traditional round/analog watches, I picked up the watch below on a whim and it's become one of my favourites in the whole (admittedly small) collection.

The favourite mentioned above is the GW-M5610-1ER. It's light, comfortable, legible, feature packed, and has the added bonuses of being solar powered and always being accurate via MB6. A close runner up is the AE1200- it's a cult classic for a reason. Sure the faux metal coating is cheap and the bracelet is trash, but it's oddly endearing.

Registered
1) How long have you enjoyed Casio squares?
1 year, with reference to the 5000 and 5600 range
13 years G7800, I re-acquired the 4 variants this year that I had back in 2008, having previously sold them, not realising they would only be sold for a couple of years back then

2) What's your favorite square, and why?
I don't have a favourite, which is why I have 12 to pick from every morning

Registered
Been a G fan for over 15 years, but came to the square game a bit late. Before the steel squares came out, my fave was the venerable GW-5000. But, now, I鈥檇 have to give it to the GMW-B5000GD-1. That is until my, new to me, GMW-B5000TB-1 titanium goodness gets to me in a few days!

Registered
A very first G-Shock ever, and that being a square.
I wanted something not too big, since my everyday watch is a 39 mm automatic
I was going to wear it while working in the garden, or when going to the beach in the summer.
First time on my wrist. I love how light ot feels.
Tomorrow wearing it to the office.
Oh well, I hope I won't be buying different one(s) soon. I'm afraid I will...

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Registered
A very first G-Shock ever, and that being a square.
I wanted something not too big, since my everyday watch is a 39 mm automatic
I was going to wear it while working in the garden, or when going to the beach in the summer.
First time on my wrist. I love how light ot feels.
Tomorrow wearing it to the office.
Oh well, I hope I won't be buying different one(s) soon. I'm afraid I will...

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk
Oh yeah, this is definitely NOT your last square - sorry about your wallet!

Registered
GMW-B5000, but I'd also love a true modern OG square replacement. Give me GMW-B5000 with a resin bezel and band and I'll have all the square I ever need. Make it with a Ti case and sapphire crystal and I'll buy two...

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Been a G fan for over 15 years, but came to the square game a bit late. Before the steel squares came out, my fave was the venerable GW-5000. But, now, I鈥檇 have to give it to the GMW-B5000GD-1. That is until my, new to me, GMW-B5000TB-1 titanium goodness gets to me in a few days!

View attachment 15756404
Wow, you have a titanium coming in too! You're on a roll, oldspice! Congrats! (y) (y)

Reactions: Dxnnis

Registered
I got my G-5600KG because I liked the negative display and the yellow dial labels against the green band. Got into analog/automatic watches. A cheap Seiko SNZG09, then an SRP779 Turtle.

Then one day I wore the square again and really appreciated the pre-curved rubber strap. The texture really felt good on the skin. And since I have worn it to the beach a few times, and because my friend got a cheap non-G square in white that looked sick, I got a white strap and face, and am rocking that now.

For some reason I got an appreciation for the squares, out of nowhere, really. Maybe it's just wanting something different (than an analog automatic). I'll probably get a positive display DW or G on black strap and swap the 3 around.

Registered
Been a Gshock fan for 10+ years, always had a few in the collection.

Had a bunch of circle G's (15) which I ended up selling for squares a little while after I discovered this rabbit hole, preferred the smaller size & thickness

My favourite? S5600J

Super light (titanium/carbon fibre) it's the smallest square I've had so far and fits my 6.5inch wrist perfectly, its a square you dont see all that often.

Honerable mentions: GW5000 & GMW B5000G

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Registered
Unabashed Casio G-Shock fanboy
I鈥檝e enjoyed squares since 2013 when I found the GW-5000 posted in the public forum and subsequently bought it and still have it today.
I鈥檝e owned many squares and full metal squares but this guy is my near daily.

And of course my favorite square and watch is the above mentioned.

(Recently gave it a resin refresh so it looks near brand new again)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Member
I'd probably have to go with the gmw-b5000. I still love it as much as the day I bought it and I think it was one of the more exciting moves by Casio in the last 5 years.

Now...since I can never decide on nust one. Haha I actually asked myself what I could live without in my collection a while back because I was thinking of selling off a bunch to minimize and also fund a MRG purchase and I came up with about half a dozen (excluding gmw models) and from those half a dozen if only one, I'd probably choose this one.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'd probably have to go with the gmw-b5000. I still love it as much as the day I bought it and I think it was one of the more exciting moves by Casio in the last 5 years.
View attachment 15756805

Now...since I can never decide on nust one. Haha I actually asked myself what I could live without in my collection a while back because I was thinking of selling off a bunch to minimize and also fund a MRG purchase and I came up with about half a dozen (excluding gmw models) and from those half a dozen if only one, I'd probably choose this one.
View attachment 15756809
I agree w/what you said about Casio & the GMW-B5000. They opened up a whole world of possibilities with that move. (and we've seen many new, great models already)

I also have, and love that Kobe square too! Great choice!

1 - 20 of 70 Posts