WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought this watch. Anybody else have this one? Would like to see what kind of box yours came in if you have one. Thanks!

SRPC99J1.png

·
Registered
4,574 Posts
Just bought this watch. Anybody else have this one? Would like to see what kind of box yours came in if you have one. Thanks!
Boxes are bought in bulk from Seiko by both ADs and gray market sellers and they will use what they have. ADs can opt for line-branded (e.g. Prospex or Presage) and special edition boxes for a premium price but most will just buy hundreds of one style and use them until they need to order more.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
I understood that those on leather straps would be supplied in a long thin box so that the strap is flat.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Boxes are bought in bulk from Seiko by both ADs and gray market sellers and they will use what they have. ADs can opt for line-branded (e.g. Prospex or Presage) and special edition boxes for a premium price but most will just buy hundreds of one style and use them until they need to order more.
Interesting. So the watches arrive at the AD in some sort of bulk pack, not in their retail boxes, and then the AD "assembles" the watches into their boxes? That doesn't seem very efficient.

I understood that those on leather straps would be supplied in a long thin box so that the strap is flat.
That has been my experience as well. If I buy a Presage with a bracelet then it comes in the more cube shaped box, and if it has a leather band it comes in the long, narrow, flat box. Bought this watch from an AD and they couldn't find the box and are going to either find it or get a new one from the Seiko rep. I wanted to validate that what I should be expecting is the long, narrow, flat box.

·
Premium Member
71,255 Posts
Interesting. So the watches arrive at the AD in some sort of bulk pack, not in their retail boxes, and then the AD "assembles" the watches into their boxes? That doesn't seem very efficient.
That’s just how it is and is the main reason you sometimes get generic boxes from grey dealers or the “wrong” box from an AD.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That’s just how it is and is the main reason you sometimes get generic boxes from grey dealers or the “wrong” box from an AD.
Thanks for the information. |>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts