WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've searched to no avail!!o|
Can anyone give me any details on the ST 91011 Automatic movement?
Is it relatively accurate? Is it a reliable movement?
It's supposed to be in a Sturhling that I'm waiting for.
Anything would be appreciated as my searches only brought me to the different watches that have them.

Stührling Original Men's Emperor Vortex Automatic Skeleton & Exhibition Back Rubber Strap Watch Choices: Black or Yellow outer dial
Stührling Original masters time with this exceptional skeletonized creation! The Emperor Vortex design begins with a round black stainless steel case which measures 14mm thick. An exhibition back and push/pull crown above 6:00 complete the handsome case design.

Beneath the protective Krysterna crystal, the round skeletonized dial comes with your choice of a black or yellow outer dial. A minute scale lines the outer dial while white index markers printed on the underside of the crystal appear at all hour positions except 3:00, 6:00 and 9:00. A ST 91011 Automatic drives the silver-tone hour and minute hands. A dual time subdial shows at 9:00.
The black textured rubber strap attaches comfortably with a push button dual deployant clasp. Treat yourself or someone special to the gift of time today!

Strap: Rubber
Movement: ST 91011 Automatic
Crystal: Krysterna
Crown: Push/Pull
Clasp: Push Button Dual Deployant
Strap Measurements: 9-1/4" L x 26mm W
Case Measurements: 49mm
Case Thickness: 14mm
Water Resistance: 10 ATM - 100 meters - 330 feet
Model Numbers:
Black: 324.33162
Yellow: 324.331665 Warranty: Two year limited warranty provided by Stührling Original, LLC.

·
Registered
8,344 Posts
Hi there watchme... can you give us some more information? The movement numbers get changed around by manufacturers who might be trying to hide the Chinese origins in their movements, and we don't know which Stuhrling you have ordered, so we can't even search for images. I have owned two Akribos watches (same company as Stuhrling) and both of those used PTS Hangzhou movements. With the "ST" prefix I might be inclined to look for a Sea-Gull movement but I would not be confident about that. More info can help us help you.

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
18,319 Posts
Hi there watchme... can you give us some more information? The movement numbers get changed around by manufacturers who might be trying to hide the Chinese origins in their movements, and we don't know which Stuhrling you have ordered, so we can't even search for images. I have owned two Akribos watches (same company as Stuhrling) and both of those used PTS Hangzhou movements. With the "ST" prefix I might be inclined to look for a Sea-Gull movement but I would not be confident about that. More info can help us help you.
Actually, Stuhrling Original use 'ST' to prefix all their movements. They say it stands for 'STuhrling', but I suspect that they are attempting to ride on the reputation of Sea-Gull even when using non-Sea-Gull movements. More often they use PTS Hangzhou.

As for who makes the 'ST 91011'; I don't know, but it has been used by other companies identifying it with the prefix 'HS'.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Edited the original post with a pic and more details about the watch.
I'm curious to know more about the movement!
Any and every piece of info will be appreciated.

·
6,158 Posts
I think you got a different picture with the specs. If I google the numbers, I get a different model. The pics seem to be of a Stuhrling Crucible(Crucible « Stührling Original's Official Blog), which has another movement, not the st91011.
I think that one is a pts/hangzhou 2650, with some decorative parts bolted on.

I think stuhrling names them ST 90089

Regards,

Martin

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
18,319 Posts
I think we've encountered this problem before with Stuhrling (or their distributors) ascribing the same calibre ID to more than one movement.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, I won't find out yet if the ST 91011 is accurate/reliable!!!

My Stuhrling came...
...and is going right back!!! :(

The dual time zone sub dial is hard to read!
The painted on minute markers are off (look at 6:00 position)!
It's an auto movement & they sent me a quartz instruction manual!
The skeletonized face looks better in pics!

Took a chance thinking I might have gotten a fairly decent, affordable auto, but couldn't find any info about the movement & the "craftsmanship" (or lack there of) has me ready to run & never look back at Stuhrling again!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Im not sure why you are complaining...with all that junk on the dial/crystal, it should have been obvious that the watch would be hard to read. Dont see anything wrong with the 6 o'clock marking either. All watches look better in pictures...bad luck with the manual, but they probably would send you the correct one if you asked.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
IanC said:
Im not sure why you are complaining...with all that junk on the dial/crystal, it should have been obvious that the watch would be hard to read. Dont see anything wrong with the 6 o'clock marking either. All watches look better in pictures...bad luck with the manual, but they probably would send you the correct one if you asked.
We obviously aren't seeing the same things. And if they can't get the manual right, it makes me wonder what else may have been gotten wrong!
It may not have been a high end watch but it didn't come out of a gumball machine either.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the Emperor's Grandeur and it's wonderful. Accurate, easy to read, excellent build quality, and it looks damn nice. I also have several other Stuhrling watches that follow suit.

I trust Stuhrling as much as I do Android, so whatever was wrong with your watch was simply fluke.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts