Huh .... methinks there was more here earlier .... what did I miss? :-s

Cheers!
Bill

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually, no you didn''t.

I noticed that almost every nice watch is stainless steel and a growing trend is stainless steel jewelry.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Oh, OK, I see what you mean now. I wear a watch (sometimes two! :-d) and a wedding band, but that's it. Not really a "jewelry guy", so I don't pay attention to trends in that area.

Of course, I'm the guy who has to be dressed for special occasions by his wife, because my idea of "dressed up" and hers varies quite a bit. ;-)

Cheers!
Bill

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Stainless steel really isn't fancy gaudy metal. That's why I think in my opinion it compliments a stainless steel watch.

I like to wear a stainless steel cuff bracelet because it balances out wearing a watch all day on other wrist plus in my opinion it looks cool.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Stainless steel really isn't fancy gaudy metal.
Do you mean brushed or unpolished stainless steel? I have two pairs of cufflinks, one polished stainless steel and the other sterling silver and carbon fibre, and the metal is hard to tell apart. I'm looking right now at the white gold setting for an opal pendant I bought (not for myself!) yesterday, and quite honestly that could be either silver or stainless steel too. What is 'fancy gaudy metal'?

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you mean brushed or unpolished stainless steel? I have two pairs of cufflinks, one polished stainless steel and the other sterling silver and carbon fibre, and the metal is hard to tell apart. I'm looking right now at the white gold setting for an opal pendant I bought (not for myself!) yesterday, and quite honestly that could be either silver or stainless steel too. What is 'fancy gaudy metal'?
I guess I meant "gold" as a "fancy gaudy metal".

In my opinion you can tell polished stainless steel from silver right away.

As far as pollished stainless steel and carbon fibre that's alittle hard to tell the difference.

Stainless steel in the dark darkens different then gold and silver.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts