WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks!
After some prodding from friends who no longer wish to listen to me prattle on about my watches, I have decided to launch my own venue for writing about watches and watch related accoutrement. It's still in its infant stages, and I'd ideally be writing a few posts per month (more if I start buying more watches and straps haha!) I'd love for y'all to pop in and see what's going on. Please feel free to offer feedback here or on the site. Should have a few more writeups coming along these next couple weeks!

I'm looking to focus primarily on what we all love here on f71: Affordables! I love haute horlogerie as much as the next guy, but I don't know many people that can pony up $500k for a watch, and Lord knows I can't either.

Anyhow, the link is slappedonthewrist.wordpress.com Hope you like!

Cheers,
Rick

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Bookmarked, looking forward to it :-!

Reactions: 3ther

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Looks good! Welcome to the blogosphere.

TheTimeBum.com: Exploring the world of wrist watches on a budget.
@thetimebum on Instagram and Twitter
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
27,696 Posts
Nice, Rick.

I expect outstanding photography, and at least as much self-deprecation as Loren shows (yet mixed with a healthy dose of north Jersey swagger, obviously).

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice, Rick.

I expect outstanding photography, and at least as much self-deprecation as Loren shows (yet mixed with a healthy dose of north Jersey swagger, obviously).
I'll do my best, Doc! Already have a little "trademark" photo in mind hah. I'll have to work it in to the next post when applicable.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I wish I could read your blog, but the chinese government does not want me to read it. It is being blocked by the great firewall... (well don't take it personal, most blogs are blocked by the GFW).

Anyway, good luck with it.

Romain

·
Registered
10,144 Posts
Nice, I like your writing style, and the photos are sufficiently detailed. And a blog focusing more on affordables is def. a welcome addition.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Yeah nice article. I've always wanted to write reviews and articles for blogs as well. But never had a chance.
Keep it up! Will bookmark it.

·
Premium Member
71,255 Posts
I'm reading this at work and blog is a dirty word as far as our IT department is concerned so our filters block anything even vaguely bloggish so I will take a look at home.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Good thing! Bookmarked :)

.:sent using stone, scissors and the occasional paper:.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Many thanks, everyone!

I edited my Navigator entry with movement information. Sorry about that!

·
Registered
467 Posts
I'll make sure to check back on any updates.
Nice choice on the Marathon for your first review - and great review at that!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts