WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

State of the Collection (Pic Heavy)

2K views 21 replies 15 participants last post by  Mediocre 
#1 ·
Good morning everybody!!!!

Yesterday I finally got around to changing over a bunch of my watches to their summer straps, even though we haven't had much of a summer here in SE michigan. I feel like its been raining 6 days of the week lately!

I figured now would be as good a time as any to showoff my collection in a SOTC style post.

First, we have the obligatory collection as a whole, in all their glory. I don't really arrange my watches in any particular way so I don't have a method to my madness.

Watch Fashion accessory Collection Glass

Now, on to the guts of the post!

First we have the Orient Bambino. I bought this specifically for a wedding I stood up in recently. We had to wear Navy suits and I didn't have a dress watch on a brown strap. I had read tons and tons of comments about this watch and the bug bit me. I love this little guy. The way he wears on the wrist, the domed crystal, everything. I cannot believe they can sell these at the prices they do.

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

Next I have my only Citizen Ecodrive. I got this watch for a ridiculous price (under $50) from my preferred AD. I had a few in store dollars to work with and they randomly sent me a online coupon for $100 which I took advantage of. I am fascinated by the fact that it is light driven and the battery should last around 10 years. The strap on this is surprisingly comfortable, though I am biased and do enjoy rubber straps.

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Metal

The next watch it my work horse. I have put the g-shock through so much abuse and she keeps on tickin. When I first bought it, I thought the thickness was going to overwhelming, but I eventually got used to it. I just love the functionality of this wrist piece.

Dive computer Watch Auto part Technology Measuring instrument

Next is the watch the got me interested in collecting. The only place I've ever seen this was at Costco a couple of years ago. I've even searched the internets and cannot find anything on it. The red hands on the black face really called out to me. I've yet to use this watch as a "GMT" as I don't leave the country too often.

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Black Fashion accessory

The Pan Europ. What can I say that hasn't been said? This is a top 3 favorite of the collection and boy, does it show why. The blue on this watch is remarkable. The cushion case wears incredible well. The movement looks beautiful. Overall, this watch far exceeded my expectations.

Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Strap Fashion accessory

The Seiko Pepsi Diver is another one of the instantly recognizable watches that WUS inspired me to purchase. This is another incredibly comfortable watch to wear. This watch hasn't been receiving as much wrist time as it should lately, I think I am going to have to change that. Especially now that its on its summer NATO.

Next we have my favorite watch of my collection, it also happens to be my newest acquisition. If it wasn't for WUS and my local RedBar chapter, I would have never know Magrette existed. After I finally settled on purchasing one, I wrestled for days trying to decide on the G14 of the PVD version. I am extremely happy with my decision as this watch is just beautiful.

Next is my Raymond Weil Freelancer. I was turned onto this brand by a friend of mine who is also into watches. I was intrigued by the idea that it was still a family owned company and hasn't yet "sold out" to a large company like Swatch. The freelancer was my first chrono and I really enjoy my time with this on my wrist. The best part of this watch though is the bracelet. Of all the watches I own on a bracelet, this is by far the best made. It is solidly made, it oozes quality.

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Brand

Tissell is another brand that WUS turned me on to. I read the reviews and held out purchasing until I could no longer stop myself. I opted to do with the small seconds as this watch killed two birds with one stone. I didn't own a pilots watch and I didn't own a hand wand. Now, I own both in one watch!

Watch Watch accessory Analog watch Fashion accessory Metal

Next is my Nomos homage/ripoff. When I started collecting, I had really loved the look but I wasn't ready to sink my money into an actual Nomos so I went with the Rodina which I had seen on WUS. (Feels like a pattern here, see on WUS then buy). I was worried that this would would be consumed by my large 8'' wrists, however it wears much large than it actually is. Overall, a solid purchase.

Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Analog watch Jewellery

Next is the only open heart watch I own. This Bulova doesn't do as much for me as it once did. I wear it only sparingly as I am drawn to my other watches. Nothing wrong with it though as its actually accurate to around +5 seconds a day.

Watch Watch accessory Analog watch Gadget Fashion accessory

Next is my tool watch. This garmin gets worn only when I'm golfing as it isn't very stylish. I do like that it syncs with atomic clock though as I don't have to set it ever.

Personal protective equipment Technology Electronic device

Next is the only fashion watch I won. I received it for standing up in a friends wedding.

Vehicle Car Auto part Automotive lighting

Next is the only invicta I own. I received this a few years ago for Christmas from my mother. She knew I enjoyed watches and she "got a great deal on this one". Haha, Oh mother. I wear it only around the holidays, mainly so she sees it on my wrist. I makes her feel good and I am happy to give her those feelings. This watch will always have a spot in my watch box.

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

Lastly we have a watch that was gifted to me by my then 14yr old cousin. Its a brand I've never heard of however it was the thought that counts. I've worn it 3 times which happen to coincide with the last 3 times I've seen my little cousin. This watch will always have a spot in my watch box.

Thanks for taking the time to go through my collection with me. I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did.

See less See more
#6 ·
HAHA, thanks! It was up for sale a while ago, though in reality I didnt want to sell it. I put it up for a price that I didn't expect anyone to purchase it at. I'm glad someone didn't come along and say "ill take it!".

Love the Hamilton, I intentionally go the local AD to admire it once in a while with my wife while she gets her jewelry cleaned. The only thing holding me back is the $$ or the lack of there of. I appreciate your Raymond Weil, many many years back I was leaning towards a quartz version if memory serves me right, but I can't remember what happened from purchasing it? My memory is vague and distant, probably because it involved my ex, haha! I have yet to find a model I REALLY like. But either way you have a really nice collection!
I actually had been in talks with my AD about this watch for a long time. They would only get 1-2 in at a time and they would sell out before hitting the display case. He called me randomly on Valentines day (I think, it may have been the day before or after) and said someone who had a deposit on it backed out. I'll hold it for you if you can come over right now. I got in the car and drove over and bought it on the spot.

Nice collection! You seem to have a watch from all the 'typical' categories; dress, pilot, diver, sport, digital. Well done!
Thanks!!! I try to keep it diverse.

Reactions: ChiefWahoo
#3 ·
Love the Hamilton, I intentionally go the local AD to admire it once in a while with my wife while she gets her jewelry cleaned. The only thing holding me back is the $$ or the lack of there of. I appreciate your Raymond Weil, many many years back I was leaning towards a quartz version if memory serves me right, but I can't remember what happened from purchasing it? My memory is vague and distant, probably because it involved my ex, haha! I have yet to find a model I REALLY like. But either way you have a really nice collection!

#4 ·
Nice collection! You seem to have a watch from all the 'typical' categories; dress, pilot, diver, sport, digital. Well done!

#9 ·
#11 ·
Whatever AD sells you a Citizen AR 2.0 Eco Drive Chrono for $50, I want to live near that one ;-)

Great collection. Wenger watches at Costco are almost always custom for Costco, so you may have better luck figuring out what it is by model line-- e.g. if you find something with a GMT function and the same case (but different dial, handset or strap) that's probably what it is.

#12 ·
Haha, it was the perfect storm with the in store money and the $100 off coupon they sent my email. They didn't hear any complaints from me!

#19 ·
Well if you're interested in trading anything you have, I am willing to trade down as this watch doesn't get much wrist time. Maybe once a month...

Excellent collection! Wear them in good health.
Thank you very much!

Reactions: ChiefWahoo
#14 ·
Lovely collection. Especially the Raymond Weil. The brand never gets enough credit for coming up with great watches.

#15 ·
Thank you! I can't say enough how perfect the RW bracelet is!

#17 ·
Thanks! Those two definitely are in my top 3 favorites of my collection.

#20 ·
Dear Sir, while I always love nice sotc threads with real stories behind each choice and the pros and cons of what you have owned, I am most pleased to see that in your case you do not just distinguish between watches based on price and equally enjoy whatever sou feel comfortable with... that's the right spirit for a real hobby which is not a show-off interest...keep that spirit...and sour appreciation for sentimental pieces and the effort to wear them around the person who gifted them to you is such an admirably sweet thing to do...keep up the kindness and the awesome collection. :)

#21 ·
Thanks for the kind words!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.