WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love my GW7900B, now I love it even more. Purchased a G7900 bezel off eBay, stealthed it and installed it on my GW7900B.

I personally like the black plastic "screws" over the metal ones. I left the "G" light button grey for just a little contrast.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
awsome..

something so small makes a huge difference

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
why did you have to buy a new bezel ?

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
nice! i think it would look better though if you stealthed the white G button too though.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everyone! I really like it too.

why did you have to buy a new bezel ?
I didn't have to, but it was my first time doing a stealth and I wanted the black "screws" that came with the bezel. I'm glad I paid the $6.99 for the bezel and "screws"

nice! i think it would look better though if you stealthed the white G button too though.
I thought about it and decided not to. Wanted a little contrast. Plus this way I can still go back to stock if I want with the original bezel.

·
Registered
8,522 Posts
Great mod, looks much better |>

Besides the module, those black plastic "screws" are one of the main reasosn, I prefer the G-7900 series over the GW-7900 series. A pic of my G-7900MS:

It is that inconsequence that often drives me crazy with Casio watches. Why in the world makes one a stealth looking watch and put Bling-Bling "screws" on top of it o|

Same goes for the silver polished indicator eye on the GW display, but I'm afraid you can't do much about it. What you still can do however is this:

The black buckle is also just a very small and easy mod, but it makes a whole lotta difference on my G-7900-3V:

cheers

·
Registered
671 Posts
Great mod. It's very nice looking. Christopher Nolan should get Christian Bale one of these in his new Batman movie:-!

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Wasn't expecting much of a change when I opened this thread but now your watch looks pretty good, and better than before, very legible negative display too, good job!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

·
Registered
469 Posts
I've already ordered and received a set of four of the infamous "falling out" bezel rivets just in case. Out of curiosity, are the four black screw thingies an integral part of the new bezel, or are the a swagged pop fit like the original metal finished rivets? Since I've got an extra set, I may fiddle around with some cold gun blue just for kicks. On second thought, since my rivets seem very secure at present, I may not bother...:)

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I've already ordered and received a set of four of the infamous "falling out" bezel rivets just in case. Out of curiosity, are the four black screw thingies an integral part of the new bezel, or are the a swagged pop fit like the original metal finished rivets? Since I've got an extra set, I may fiddle around with some cold gun blue just for kicks. On second thought, since my rivets seem very secure at present, I may not bother...:)
They are just like the GW7900 metal "screws" pop right in and out. I actually took them out when I stealthed the paint off. The plastic "screws" have a notch in the side to hole them in a particular direction on the bezel.

The more I look at my watch with these plastic "screws" the more i like it. Looks so much nicer. Even if you don't stealth the lettering off, get the plastic screws, easy pop in and out.

7 bucks for that bezel is a steal
Totally. I have been thinking about doing this since I bought my GW7900, but wasn't going to spend much on the screws or bezel. Getting the bezel with the plastic screws for $7 shipped was great.

The seller was icecache they still have a few black bezels on their listings. Came well packed and the bezel was actually in a little gift box to keep it protected. I was happy with my purchase. Even happier after I dipped it in some goof off to stealth it :)

1 - 20 of 81 Posts