WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
21 - 40 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
@cal..45 Great looking watch! Love the black buckle. May be doing that next.

I totally agree on the bling bling screws. ugh. I HAD to go with solar and atomic. I figured I would do a bezel swap someday. Glad I did. I had found myself wearing my GW5600J a lot because the GW7900B felt gaudy with those dang screws. Now it looks great and I will probably wear it every day.

Also thanks everyone for the positive replies. I totally love my simple mod and stealth GW7900B.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Looks great! The black screws make a huge difference. Do you need to remove the bezel to punch the "screws" out from behind or do you lift them out from the front? I would like to make the swap on my GW7900 but do not know how to remove the bezel. Any guidance is greatly appreciated.

God bless,

Hugh

·
Registered
576 Posts
Looks great! The black screws make a huge difference. Do you need to remove the bezel to punch the "screws" out from behind or do you lift them out from the front? I would like to make the swap on my GW7900 but do not know how to remove the bezel. Any guidance is greatly appreciated.

God bless,

Hugh
Hugh,

There's a super great photo tutorial regarding removing this bezel to gain access to the rivets. I did a search and found five threads, but still cannot locate it. Can anybody help???

From what I recall it's simply removing the strap and "wing" screws. Then gently flexing off the bezel. Hopefully one of the pros will respond here. Sorry I couldn't locate the thread, but it's out there someplace...

·
Registered
4,305 Posts
Hugh,

There's a super great photo tutorial regarding removing this bezel to gain access to the rivets. I did a search and found five threads, but still cannot locate it. Can anybody help???

From what I recall it's simply removing the strap and "wing" screws. Then gently flexing off the bezel. Hopefully one of the pros will respond here. Sorry I couldn't locate the thread, but it's out there someplace...
I believe this is the thread you are referring to:

https://www.watchuseek.com/f17/gw7900b-1-problem-553131-2.html

I have an incoming GW7900b and intend to carry out this mod to it. Now, after two days of 'googling' stuff, I came across a seller of the original silver 'rivets', but they were finished in black, they looked great BUT for the life of me, I can't find them again! I'm not imagining it, honest :-( If anyone can help out, much appreciated...

·
Registered
576 Posts
Thanks for that link, Stephen. BTW, it's possible to get a set of four rivets to your door for c. $10. Can't help you with the black rivets, but I've seen the silver one's hawked for up to five bucks a pop. I'm also toying with changing my white metal rivets to black. I wonder if "cold gun bluing" might work? Paint would do a shoemaker's job.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Black Original Bezel for Casio G-Shock Watch G7900 | eBay

This is the exact bezel I purchased from the exact seller. They are always listing more. I actually already bought another as a spare. $6.99 shipped is hard to beat. I used Goof Off to remove the paint from the lettering.

Be careful as the bezel the seller is selling with the yellow text is the GREEN bezel.

·
Registered
4,305 Posts

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Thanks Bob, that's exactly what I was after..

Though $8/rivet?? Don't know if I want to spend $40 odd ($32 + shipping) for something that should cost alot less. May even try some black nail polish first - how difficult can it be? :)
I know that Casio Parts USA in NJ sells the same blackened rivets for the GW7900B for a $1 each. This seller is making a nice profit :) They may seem darker in the sellers pics but those are the same rivets that are factory installed on the GW-7900B

·
Registered
4,305 Posts
I know that Casio Parts USA in NJ sells the same blackened rivets for the GW7900B for a $1 each. This seller is making a nice profit :) They may seem darker in the sellers pics but those are the same rivets that are factory installed on the GW-7900B
If that's the case, not much point in buying them then - want to 'mod' it into black, not keep the same look! :)

·
Registered
4,305 Posts
They say "imitation is the sincerest form of flattery" - well, here's what I did today...

Watch Diving equipment Dive computer Technology Electronic device

I also cut the strap to get rid of the dangly bit that hangs over (I suffer from small wrist syndrome and I hate the dangly bit!) It's now a perfect fit and I love it...

Watch accessory Watch Analog watch Strap Material property

Now, I'm just waiting for my 20mm black buckle to arrive and she should be finished.

Oh, and if anyone can offer definitive advice on how to remove the paint from the illumination button I'd be very grateful. Can only find advice on how not to do it as the plastic is very different to the bezel resin, and lots of 'paint removers' actually melt it - not the effect I'm after :)

Reactions: ebShock

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
@StephenWatch Looks great!

Funny, I was browsing WUS and reading your post here https://www.watchuseek.com/f17/how-paint-bezel-letters-544648.html when I received a notification that your replied to this thread.

Your bezel looks really nice. I actually purchased another spare bezel and may use acetone free nail polish this time around. Your story about 10 minutes and brushing right off is more appealing what I went through with Goof-Off.

Thanks for posting the pics!

Reactions: StephenWatch
21 - 40 of 81 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.