WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

· Banned
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is an update on the diver's watch my friend is developing. It will be a limited edition run piece that will be offered in both PVD and Stainless Steel versions, 100 watches of each. The watches will be assembled and quality checked in Germany. I think it looks great!

Specs

- Black NATO Strap (Buckles IP black platted)
- Sapphire crystal with AR (anti reflection) coating inside
- Black date disc with white numerals
- Lug with drill through holes
- Screw down Crown
- Dial with 13 pcs of Swiss made tritium tubes
- Hands with 3 pcs of Swiss made tritium tubes
- 30 ATM Water resistant
- 316L Stainless Steel case with unidirectional bezel (IP Black) and 1 pcs
of bezel tritium unit
- Seiko NH15 Automatic movement
- Case opening: 30mm
- case size: 44 mm x 51mm
- band size: 22 mm
- Crown dime: 7.0 mm

Not positive about a price point but I believe it will be in the $300 range.

Thoughts and opinions are welcomed. I will pass them along to him.

Thanks!

· Registered
75 Posts
i like a lot. i like draws in dial.... when you know please let me know the webpage or email of your friend.
thanks

· Banned
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The one thing that is not accurate in this picture is the date wheel. It will be black with white numerals. The watch is being produced specifically for the US EOD, so it is military related. I do not think it is an official "issued" piece however. The EOD members asked my friend to produce a watch for them.

· Registered
2,661 Posts
I'm assuming that I see a tube in the bezel pip. If so, very nice.

Not crazy about the logo on the dial unless it is a unit logo. If it is, there should be dials without it for those of us interested in the watch, but who don't want to be poseurs pretending to have unit attachments that we don't have.

But then, I'm not a logo guy either way. The less print on the dial, the nicer the watch.

· Registered
844 Posts
I like the price point, I'm a buyer at $300 not $500. I'm not a fan of the logo on the dial, I'd like to see plongeur hands. Cool enough though.

· Registered
3,903 Posts
They would be smart to price this watch at $300. That would put it below the Deep Blue T100 Day night Ops and well below the Marathon SAR's. I would buy one for this price point. I like the way it looks.

· Registered
4,526 Posts
Looks pretty cool. here are my comments....

I kinda like the logo.

The bezel numbers look weak. Not sure how else to describe it. maybe if they were engraved?

not a fan of the 4 o'clock date either and the window looks small in the picture

Love the PVD, he should have an option for a PVD bracelet.

How about some red/orange paint on the second hand to make it stand out (maybe just the tip a little longer and red?

I would make the tritium tube in the minute hand much longer if possible for easier readability. (I find that they end up looking close to the same size really late at night.)

· Registered
5,606 Posts
Nothing new here from a design, appearance standpoint. However, Made in Germany w/ Seiko Auto mvt, limited edition and $300 price range provide preference over other seal branded / inspired tritium watches, particularly if the watch has a beefy bezel. Can't really see what the logo is, and I would have to agree with what other's have said that less is more. It looks like a diver's face w/ rebreathing apparatus ? Not sure. Might be better as a deep engraving/etching on the case back. Date window should be at 6 o'clock. Please keep us informed of progress. Thanks,
Jim

Here is an update on the diver's watch my friend is developing. It will be a limited edition run piece that will be offered in both PVD and Stainless Steel versions, 100 watches of each. The watches will be assembled and quality checked in Germany. I think it looks great!

Specs

- Black NATO Strap (Buckles IP black platted)
- Sapphire crystal with AR (anti reflection) coating inside
- Black date disc with white numerals
- Lug with drill through holes
- Screw down Crown
- Dial with 13 pcs of Swiss made tritium tubes
- Hands with 3 pcs of Swiss made tritium tubes
- 30 ATM Water resistant
- 316L Stainless Steel case with unidirectional bezel (IP Black) and 1 pcs
of bezel tritium unit
- Seiko NH15 Automatic movement
- Case opening: 30mm
- case size: 44 mm x 51mm
- band size: 22 mm
- Crown dime: 7.0 mm

Not positive about a price point but I believe it will be in the $300 range.

Thoughts and opinions are welcomed. I will pass them along to him.

Thanks!

· Registered
1,532 Posts
I like it at the given pricepoint.

steve

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.