WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Very cool!
It looks like it turned out a little cleaner on the 9052. Can you please explain the process you used to acheive the "stealth" look.

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
Is that the "Sharpie" method. :) I once did that to my G-2310; but the black Sharpie ink looked more purplish than black on the bezel.

On my Frogman bezel, I removed the bezel and threw it in some paint stripper. The paint came away very easily as long as you do not leave it in for too long; and the bezel did not suffer as far as I can tell. It worked for me, but please try this at your own risk. B-)

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The 9052 has 5 coats with a Permanent Marker; the G-9000 only has 2 coats, looks like I'll need a few more on this one; red buttons same way, marker then rubbed. Tried paint on a older "G", didn't look to even over all.

Skyhook,

The rev. display model together with a black stealth model would be very cool; may have to make it my next project:-!

Brad

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,595 Posts
Hi Brad,

Why didn't you buy the G-9000 in green. There is not much to stealth onthat one. I believe it's stealth already...

I might try throwing this bezel in my "Bezel Washing Machine" to get it more stealth, but then, it looks cool with the white lettering already...

Cheers,

Sjors

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Brad,

Why didn't you buy the G-9000 in green. There is not much to stealth onthat one. I believe it's stealth already...

I might try throwing this bezel in my "Bezel Washing Machine" to get it more stealth, but then, it looks cool with the white lettering already...

Cheers,

Sjors
Hi Sjors,

You read my mind; I should be picking up a Green model soon; the rev. display on the G-9000 is very cool:p.

Brad

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,595 Posts
With a 5 second EL backlight, you can make pretty sharp pictures in the dark (small aperture, longer fixation time) . The GW-9000 was a lot more difficult, I used a kind of "swing set-up" to make the light work and stabalize the watch.;-)

Cheers,

Sjors

1 - 15 of 15 Posts