WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
man i have been trying to hold off but this one is just so nice...

Basic Black GDF-100BB:

g-shock-GDF-100BB-1JF_1.jpg

g-shock-GDF-100BB-1JF.jpg

g-shock-GDF-100BB-1JF_2.jpg

g-shock-GDF-100BB-1JF_4.jpg

g-shock-GDF-100BB-1JF_5.jpg

i absolutely LOVE the minimal mindset of this and the similar BW (basic white) series. all the superfluous little screen details and copious amounts of wording and markings are gone; if you really pay attention to the face on this one, it looks so serene and functional without all that extra clutter. this is one for the guys who are already extremely familiar with the workings of the general run of g-shocks. the 5th (or 4th, as per my review of the red version a while back) button is a brushed black to contrast itself from the matte resin, which is a nice touch. the only thing i would change is that this model has a silver buckle instead of a flat black one. if memory serves, this model uses the same buckle as a GD-100, so you could easily get a buckle from a GD-100MS-1 or MS-3 and change it out for a perfect stealth look.

·
Registered
881 Posts
I think you're right, I don't need to have "illuminator" etc. written all over the screen in white writing. I've bought a black stealth watch because I like the plain, clean and understated design too!!

·
Registered
120 Posts
This one seems to have slipped under the radar. When does is release?

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,587 Posts
April 2012, it's still in production:

¿·À½ÉʾðÊó - [G-SHOCK.JP]

I always thought the RB Mudman was very stealthy, only a little harder to get one... Has the special amber backlight, so it doesn't shine 100 meters around you when you are in the dark...

Cheers,

Sjors

·
Registered
5,713 Posts
I have to agree with Mitch; both are stealthy, but since the GDF-100 is bigger, it's less stealthy.

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
I love the BB series too, and the GDF100BB looks amazing. The Tanaka pics have had me mesmerized from the moment he posted them!

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well, that 5600BB has shiny buttons which makes no sense, and the Jason and Mudman posted above have so much clutter on the screen. i think the GDF shines because of how much is NOT there, its a totally clean display.

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
Once again, the poor old stealthy GW7900b is forgotten about... here's a reminder :-!

GW7900b cropped 700.jpg

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
G_Me, can we get more real-life shots from you? like on the wrist, in different lighting, dif angles, whatever you have time for.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
I know I´m cheating, but this looks stealthy to me. ;-)

And BTW: The BB series has some nice models i think. I like the 5600 and am tepmted to get one, although i guess i would just hack it up. Ideally I´d like the BB case with DW-5600 M buttons and buckle and stealthed resin from a standard DW 5600 resin - and it´s positive display. Would really have a chance to drive the DW-5600E from my wrist.

1 - 20 of 114 Posts