WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Steinhart owners.

I've watched/read many reviews about steinhart watches; mainly the one 39 model.

I am interested in buying the one 39 / one 39 gmt model but it seems like all steinhart watches have a very stiff bezel issue with a hollow sound.

Is that true ? Is this something that is fixable/changable?

Feel free to include your opinions/pictures about Steinhart watches !

Thank you very much !

·
Premium Member
2,343 Posts
I just got an ovm39. Mine has a very stiff bezel. I can't turn mine with fingertips. I have to use the side of my index finger, similar to opening a bottle of suds. It is very solid though, perfectly aligned and zero play. As far as comparison, I have an Orient Mako II, with a similar bezel, but it's a little easier to turn with the same zero play and alignment.

·
Registered
5,258 Posts
May I ask why you need it to turn so easily? Most people are concerned with their bezels moving too freely...I for one appreciate a bezel tats more difficult to turn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
698 Posts
I would say the bezel is better than seikos and citizen bezels @ same price point

·
Premium Member
73,774 Posts
None of my Steiny bezels give me any cause for concern. Now if we were talking stiff Orient Ray bezels I could hold my own with the best of them.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
My OVM39 is stiff, but not too difficult to move. It just needs a bit more grip and muscle. I don't know if it's the polished finished of the bezel, but I do find it a little difficult to grip. If my fingers were wet I simply wouldn't be able to grip it. Part of the issue for me is the sloping outer bezel. It has zero play and is perfectly aligned. TBH, it's not a huge deal for me since it is perfectly aligned and still usable and the rest of the watch is solid.

It's incomparable though, to my CW C60 Trident Pro, Borealis Estoril and even my much cheaper Tisell Marine Diver which is spot on.

I did have a V3 OVM42, but immediately moved it on (easier option at the time) due to bezel play and misalignment, both were deal breakers. This doesn't seem common though.

·
Registered
106 Posts
My OVM was very positive with no extra movement, definitely stiffer than my Seikos about on par with my Omega, I was very happy with the action

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
987 Posts
Had an Ocean One 39mm and currently have a Ocean One GMT 42mm. Bezel on both was fairly stiff, I'd say comparable to my SKX007, perhaps not quite as stiff as the Seiko. Very solid and aligned perfectly. I think you kind of want a stiffer bezel in a dive watch. It'd annoy me a lot if it was loose and turned on its own and was off when I glanced at it (especially on a GMT watch).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts