WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, I recently ordered a the Nav B silver edition and have emailed Steinhart 5 times and have not received a response. Do you guys know if they are closed or am I missing something? I have been using the email link off of the site...

·
Registered
5,962 Posts
Call Steinhart direct. 6 hour time difference. Germany is ahead. Yes they are closed for the day. However, they have been back from holidays since Jan 11th. Need to understand, that they have so many orders to fill and it will take time. Rest a sure Gunter will respond.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
hey guys, I recently ordered a the Nav B silver edition and have emailed Steinhart 5 times and have not received a response. Do you guys know if they are closed or am I missing something? I have been using the email link off of the site...
Hi,

Just to make things clear:
What do you mean by "ordered"? (webshop, email?)
What do you mean by "recently"?
Why did you email them 5x?
As picklepossy said, they are working hard to catch up with cummulated orders. There are literaly hundreds of them....

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I ordered last week, but before ordered I had sent customer service an email asking some questions. I did not hear back so I made my order and sent them an email this weekend.. After not hearing back and not receiving a confirmation email, I emailed them yesterday and today.. I know my order went through as the money has left my account..I was just not sure they were receiving my emails... Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Concur with picklepossy. Call them. Needed to change a part of my order and e-mail them yesterday. No answer. Called them earlier today. Got through immediately and made the change.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks I will try giving them a call tomorrow... I will let you guys know what happens...

·
Registered
6,109 Posts
G'day AAH.....:-!

A quick read through the forum will provide all the info on recent Steinhart activities regarding Christmas/New years holidays for Steinhart. The website also stated they were on holidays till Jan 11.

When contacting Steinhart via email don't go through the website (if you did) but use this email address, [email protected] & ofcourse the other option is to call them.

As was mentioned above, Steinhart has been inundated with many hundreds of orders during their break & some emails have still yet to be replied too. It is going to take time for them to fullfill all the orders & replies. If you haven't received any email reply or email notice of confirmation within the next 5 days then contact them again. You will get your watch, sooner than later it just may take a little time... ;-)

I ordered last week, but before ordered I had sent customer service an email asking some questions. I did not hear back so I made my order and sent them an email this weekend.. After not hearing back and not receiving a confirmation email, I emailed them yesterday and today.. I know my order went through as the money has left my account..I was just not sure they were receiving my emails... Thanks for the help!
Thanks I will try giving them a call tomorrow... I will let you guys know what happens...

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
... ridiculous.
So you keep repeating. We get your point. You're frustrated - we understand. Anyone who has spent any time in this forum and read the countless threads about Steinhart's lack of responsiveness can tell you that it's an understaffed and extremely popular watch company that is trying to deal with a backlog of orders that were placed while they were closed for the Holidays. Part of the Steinhart experience involves having some patience. I'm not defending their lack of communication, but I would point to the dozens of other watch manufacturers out there that would leave you waiting a lot longer than 2 weeks to deal with your order. Keep trying to reach them on the phone - you'll get through and you'll get your watch.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have tried calling 4 times in the past couple of days and have been unable to get through... Regardless of how many orders, they should at least send an email that says, "your order is being processed". Takes 2 seconds.. It could even be an automated response... I don't think that is asking too much... I purchased a watch from them about 2 years ago and Gunter was very responsive... Customer Service is the number one necessity to ensure customer loyolaty..

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
I have tried calling 4 times in the past couple of days and have been unable to get through
Considering that the latest advice being given in this forum is to call them, I'm sure they're also experiencing an above average amount of phone calls. And since a phone call takes much longer to deal with - typically the caller will have other questions to add to the conversation - I'm sure the staff are being delayed even further. Sure, a reply email saying your order is being processed only takes a second, but what if it isn't being processed, what if the watch requires assembly first or parts are on back order? It's pretty easy to sit back and play armchair expert, but at some point everyone here needs to trust that Herr Steinhart - who undoubtedly is a clever man - is doing everything he can with the limited resources at his disposal.

From my end it gets tiring reading the same complaints over and over again in this forum. Repeating yourself several times in several different threads that you're pissed because of the lack of Steinhart's communication does nothing to speed up the delivery process. If you want to make a real impression, make sure you complain to Steinhart. They're the ones that need to know about how unhappy you are. The rest of us are already too painfully aware of the fact.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I have tried calling 4 times in the past couple of days and have been unable to get through... Regardless of how many orders, they should at least send an email that says, "your order is being processed". Takes 2 seconds.. It could even be an automated response... I don't think that is asking too much... I purchased a watch from them about 2 years ago and Gunter was very responsive... Customer Service is the number one necessity to ensure customer loyolaty..
That's the point. I have experienced this many times and this problem with Steinhart only confirms it - Customer Service in Europe & USA is like night and day. Honestly, it's not my problem they're understaffed, they're not prepared to do the business. One person can reply to all Holiday e-mails in one day.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Actually, I don't recall making any other complaints on a different thread.(as I made one semi-complaint but was really speaking in generalities) Since, I am the OP I was just continuing the discussion. I have been on WUS for over 3 years and know that Steinhart makes an awesome product and do not wish to get everyone stirred up. As I am new to the Steinhart portion of WUS I suppose I should have done a search before asking my question.

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
Actually, I don't recall making any other complaints on a different thread.
I wasn't referring to you specifically; however, there are those that post the same complaint in multiple threads.

Maybe it's just the type of day I'm having but as a forum user reading the same complaint over and over again feels like being hit repeatedly by a baseball bat. Then there are all the expert opinions on how Steinhart should be running their business; sure it would only take "one person to reply to all the Holiday e-mails in one day." But maybe that one person also has to answer phone calls, prepare packages for shipping, handle invoicing and make the coffee for everyone else in the office. Come on, what do you imagine is going on there, that everyone has their feet up on their desks and refuse to reply to more than their quota of 25 e-mails a day?

And what's this nonsense about European and US service being so different? What exactly was the suggestion there - that American companies provide far better service? Give me a break.

·
Registered
4,666 Posts
I am patiently waiting for my response from Günter. I sent an email 4 days ago (I'm in US) regarding my new GMT Black 42mm needing to be repaired. I'll wait until Tuesday of next week, then I'll try calling.

I have a lot of patience, and I really love my Steiny. I understand they are a small company with lots of business all of a sudden. I can deal with the delay. But I can see where others get frustrated when they see dozens of members here saying how they just received emails saying their watch has shipped, etc. Meanwhile we are here with defective watches and no correspondence! I said my $0.02, and like I said, I'm patiently waiting!

Enjoy the day all.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Then there are all the expert opinions on how Steinhart should be running their business; sure it would only take "one person to reply to all the Holiday e-mails in one day." But maybe that one person also has to answer phone calls, prepare packages for shipping, handle invoicing and make the coffee for everyone else in the office.
That means they need more staff, isn't it? How come they're not ready to fulfill the orders? I'm not an expert, it's just my opinion.
And what's this nonsense about European and US service being so different? What exactly was the suggestion there - that American companies provide far better service? Give me a break.
It's far from "nonsense". Go to the restaurant in New York and go to restaurant in Rome. You'll see what I'm talking about. Can't imagine company like Hamilton not replying to customers e-mails for several days. Another example - US companies reopen for business Jan 3rd, Steinhart - Jan 11th. No offense but give me a brake.

Not to be misunderstood - I love Steinhart watches and I'm going to wait for mine and I know I'm going to get it but I'm just frustrated with lack of communication. That's all. I promise I won't complain any more.

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
I think what people need to realise is that we deal with Steinhart (and other small companies) because of the great service and personalization that they are able to provide. When I was first introduced to this forum a few months back all I was hearing is how great the Steinhart cs was and how fast the shipping was. Please understand that at this time of the year we have to make a trade off for dealing witha small company because the same thing that makes them amazing most of the year will slow them down at Christmas and New Years...their size and small number of employees. I'm sure they are like a little family that prides themselves on providing, not only great products at a very reasonable price, but also the best customer service they possibly can. That is their bread and butter and what seperates them from larger outfits who couldn't care less about you because if you weren't there then someone else would just fill your shoes. Like Uwe says, please cut them some slack. I'm sure they're not sitting around with their thumbs in their...ears. Imagine what it must be like for them to be busting their butts to get your order out quickly and then t hve to read this drivel on here. Just have patients or order your pieces at another time of the year when you know they're not going to be as busy. And for the record...no one has any right to tell them when they can take vacation time and for how long. Just my .02cents. Okay...0.10 cents.

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
Forgot to mention...if Steinhart grew with more employees that would certainly mean an increase in prices (which would be met, no doubt, with complaints from the sme people) and probably less attention to detail because that would be diluting that small family atmosphere. Now I'm bracing for the onslaught.

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
That means they need more staff, isn't it?
I'm going to assume you've never owned a business. Or have had the pleasure of balancing overhead with profit margins. Or have the joy of finding a competent person to trust with responsibilities. Like I said, it's always easy to have the answers to someone else's problem. Walk a mile in their shoes I believe the expression goes; things are never as obvious as they might seem.

It's far from "nonsense". Go to the restaurant in New York and go to restaurant in Rome. You'll see what I'm talking about. Can't imagine company like Hamilton not replying to customers e-mails for several days. Another example - US companies reopen for business Jan 3rd, Steinhart - Jan 11th. No offense but give me a brake..
Yeah that's right. German employees get an obscene amount of vacation time. Where would you rather have to work? It's a different culture and they take time to rest and still have an extremely vibrant and healthy economy.

I've been to restaurants in Manhattan. You must be joking if you're trying to say bad service isn't a global phenomenon. And I'm so GLAD you mentioned Hamilton. First off, they're not a US company - they're owned by the Swiss - but let's pretend that they weren't; I sent their US based parts department an email three weeks ago and still haven't received a reply.

Not to be misunderstood - I love Steinhart watches and I'm going to wait for mine and I know I'm going to get it but I'm just frustrated with lack of communication. That's all. I promise I won't complain any more.
I'm not raising a fuss about you being frustrated, or that you wanted to get this off your chest in the forum. By all means, enough other people do that here. What was getting under my skin were the multiple posts in different threads complaining about the same thing. Maybe we should have an official RANT thread so that everyone who is currently frustrated can drop a post and get it out of their system.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts