WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
I beg to politely disagree :) it is the original chronologically speaking (1909), check-out this well written article:

History of the Pilot Watch Part II - Zenith Montre d'Aéronef Type 20 - Monochrome Watches
I stand corrected. The early wristwatch era isn't my strong suit. Once you get past the Cartier Santos, I skip to the later stuff.

The point being that you will see similar styles from other brands contemporary with Zenith as well, so it's an established "style" -- like Fliegers or field watches.

·
Registered
5,447 Posts
Also of interest regarding the Steinhart - the handwind variant has a swiss Eta unitas, not an asian clone (which should also be ok, but i prefer eta any day). And the unitas is the black one has be n lovingly darkened, looks great.

·
Registered
908 Posts
With the Steinhart you won't lose money if you decide on flipping it..... Maybe 10-20 bucks if you're in a hurry.
On the other hand, if you buy a new watch you'll lose at least 30% of the buying price.

·
Registered
5,318 Posts
I've admired and wanted one of this style of watch since I saw the Bulova Hack Watch. But the date window does NOT belong on this dial. I'd be tolerating the logo and central seconds on a Dappr if it had a 3 instead of that little white square.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Old thread, but checking one out myself, another feature I think makes it well worth it , is the 3D printed lume on the dial, someone had a premium Ocean One listed and had a pic from a sharp angle, and it's really impressive, the printed numbers really are thick and rise up quite a bit. The case on the Helson is much more appealing to me, I don't necessarily like the large angled bezel on the Steinhart, and it looks very basic from the side view, as well as the lugs, Helson has it beat on the case, and most likely also has very excellent lume, but the Steiny is about $150 cheaper, and I would go with the black case version to lessen the effects of the case, I think I may pull the trigger myself. I also like the abundance of red on the dial of the Steinhart, much sharper contrast overall...I would be extremely happy I think with either the Helson or the Steinhart, and if Helson ever has one of those 15% off sales, they come much closer to par with each other...

21 - 39 of 39 Posts