WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.

Have just ordered my first Steinhart, an Ocean 1 Vintage Red with a sapphire crystal. Knowing the bracelet uses screws and not pins I'm deciding whether to let my jeweler do the sizing or go buy the tools and do it myself. I have the tools for pins but not for screws. I'm thinking all I need is a standard block and a set of screwdrivers. I would greatly appreciate your thoughts on this matter.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Hi and welcome to the steinhart forum,

The Ocean series is really easy to size the bracelet, just "one side" screw, so buy a small screwdriver (something like this French Made Screwdriver 1.00mm Black Color : French Made Individual Screwdrivers : Individual Screwdrivers And Blades : Watch Tools - Screwdrivers, Watchband & Watch Battery Servicing : Tools & Metals : Otto Frei French Made Individual Screwdrivers -) they should be easy to find in almost any hardware store, you dont need a watch holder.

yeah, forgot, I also has an vintage Red and it stays on my wrist most of the time, a real nice watch and great value for the money

//mike

·
Registered
449 Posts
Congratulations on the Vintage Red. I bought one in September and its stays on my wrist most of the time. Great watch.

Enjoy

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Mike. Just the info I needed. Took awhile to decide which Ocean to buy but when Gunter told me that I could put the sapphire on the Vintage Red the decision was easy to make.

·
Registered
722 Posts
What's a "nubbie" :think: :-d

·
Registered
6,109 Posts
Welcome to the Steinhart forum Ira & congrats on ordering your Ocean 1 Vintage Red. Be sure to show it off when it arrives..;-)

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's how people in NJ spell "newbie". Only kidding, I just had a case brain freeze and typed it wrong :roll:. Guess I was thinking too much about my new Vintage Red.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts