WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Omega speedmaster Triple date blue
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For 3 years this watch has rarely left my wrist, but still catches my eye all the time. Steinhart does a wonderful job on their hands and dial work IMO.
The ceramic bezel and crystal are still flawless. Looses about 45 seconds a month but for me after that long and how much I wear it, it’s been the most accurate over time. I had a speedmaster triple date that had a similar timekeeping ability if not worse. I bought mine for 300 bucks back then and find it hard to get this quality of a watch for anywherebear that.
Not everyone is a fan of the brand, but they really nailed it with this one.
Cheers!

·
Registered
3,785 Posts
Good to know its provided faithful service. Ive always been interested in them but never managed to pull the trigger. Certainly incredible value for money when you consider the watch can be purchased for less than the price of a Rolex bezel.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’m sure the bezel tells time in a beautiful way 😂
I enjoy Rolex as much as the next guy, and they make a consistently solid product. But with how prices have exploded the past few years the value proposition is not there.

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
I’m sure the bezel tells time in a beautiful way 😂
I enjoy Rolex as much as the next guy, and they make a consistently solid product. But with how prices have exploded the past few years the value proposition is not there.
Sad, but true..:confused:

·
Registered
5,204 Posts
I have had two OVM's and a Pepsi GMT. Gave one OVM to my son, who rarely wears it. Didn't mesh with the GMT so it left. I do miss the OVM a lot.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have had two OVM's and a Pepsi GMT. Gave one OVM to my son, who rarely wears it. Didn't mesh with the GMT so it left. I do miss the OVM a lot.
The OVM is what attracted me to Steinhart and also to Rolex 5513 vintage military issue models. Brings forth creamy warm lume and dials. Truely fantastic function in watch making.

·
Registered
5,204 Posts
The OVM is what attracted me to Steinhart and also to Rolex 5513 vintage military issue models. Brings forth creamy warm lume and dials. Truely fantastic function in watch making.
I have (and am contemplating selling) an OVM v1 in great shape. It's the fourth OVM in 42mm I've owned. I love it, always have, but it's a touch too big L2L for me (even though my wrist size supports it).

I'm sure when I sell it I'll buy another at some point. In all, that's 7 variations of OVM I've owned since 2014.
• 3 OVM v1
• 1 OVM v2
• 1 OVM with Hesalite crystal
• 2 OVM 39

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
I have (and am contemplating selling) an OVM v1 in great shape. It's the fourth OVM in 42mm I've owned. I love it, always have, but it's a touch too big L2L for me (even though my wrist size supports it).

I'm sure when I sell it I'll buy another at some point. In all, that's 7 variations of OVM I've owned since 2014.
• 3 OVM v1
• 1 OVM v2
• 1 OVM with Hesalite crystal
• 2 OVM 39
Can't you wear the 39mm OVM comfortably?..
:unsure:

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have several Steinhart 39 watches. My first was an Ocean 39 Black Ceramic about a year ago. I don't wear any specific watch for an extended number of day. I like to switch off depending on my mood or activities. However, recently I wore the Black Ceramic for a week. I never hand wound it or fiddled with it. After a week it was +2 seconds. If that isn't a strong value, then what is??

1 - 11 of 11 Posts