WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Any opinions or feedback between these two models (Steinhart Ocean One Vintage VS Helson Skindiver). Not interested in the Steinhart Ocean One Vintage Military, just the standard version. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
8,386 Posts
Re: Steinhart Ocean One Vintage VS Helson Skindiver

Steinhart is a beauty, I'd go for that

·
Registered
2,083 Posts

I have the Helson Skindiver. Can't fault it. Of all the watches I've owned it's one of only a few keepers. If the Steinhart had C3 lume, was 2-4mm smaller and didn't have the word 'Vintage' on the dial, then I might, just might have picked one up. As it is, it's trying too hard, so it's a thumbs down from me.

·
Registered
514 Posts

I have the Helson Skindiver. Can't fault it. Of all the watches I've owned it's one of only a few keepers. If the Steinhart had C3 lume, was 2-4mm smaller and didn't have the word 'Vintage' on the dial, then I might, just might have picked one up. As it is, it's trying too hard, so it's a thumbs down from me.

Exactly. I think the OV crosses that imaginary line between "homage" and "copy".

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Any opinions or feedback between these two models (Steinhart Ocean One Vintage VS Helson Skindiver). Not interested in the Steinhart Ocean One Vintage Military, just the standard version. Thanks in advance!
Uh oh, just found another vintage that tweaked me! The Dievas Vintage 3646. Can we toss this one into the mix? :)

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

I never noticed the "Vintage" on the dial. Not sure if that bugs me or not yet.

·
Registered
8,386 Posts

So there has been a watch made in 20 years that the Ocean One Vintage is copying. It is an homage/copy of a discontinued Rolex. I do like my watches to come on a bracelet, so if the helson has a bracelet with fitted end links then maybe, but otherwise, you are getting a lot more with the Steinhart for the money. Just my opinion.
here is a review of the Steinhart:
https://www.watchuseek.com/f67/steinhart-ocean-one-vintage-first-impressions-960683.html

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

So there has been a watch made in 20 years that the Ocean One Vintage is copying. It is an homage/copy of a discontinued Rolex. I do like my watches to come on a bracelet, so if the helson has a bracelet with fitted end links then maybe, but otherwise, you are getting a lot more with the Steinhart for the money. Just my opinion.
here is a review of the Steinhart:
https://www.watchuseek.com/f67/steinhart-ocean-one-vintage-first-impressions-960683.html

Perfect! Thanks so much. Have you ever come across or examined the Dievas Vintage 3646?

·
Registered
8,386 Posts

Perfect! Thanks so much. Have you ever come across or examined the Dievas Vintage 3646?
<br>
<br>No, but I am not a fan of Panerai style watches. 

·
Registered
8,369 Posts

I really like the Steinhart Ocean One Vintage and have it in my future sights. I would gladly flip my Steinhart Pepsi GMT for it.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Seems to me (without seeing both in person however) that the Steinhart O1V would go better with a suit than the Skindiver. Thoughts?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts