WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Having owned the 42mm OVM Maxi LE and now the 39mm the only difference of any importance to my taste is the crystal. I really wish they went with the domed hesalite crystal in lieu of the ar coated sapphire on the 39mm. The OVM Maxi LE just oozes vintage created by the warmth of the crystal on the faux patina markers/hands. Speaking to the hands on the 39mm, I don't find them to be too large for the smaller dial, in fact to my eye, they look in proportion to the size/length you see in the similarly sized Rolex Milsub, which was of course the inspiration. I've been wearing my 39mm for a week straight now on an Erika's Black Ops strap. Beside being comfortable as all hell on my 6.75" wrist, the watch gains less than .5 sec/day.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Is a replacement bezel available for this limited edition Steinhart? I don't see one on their website (I did send a contact request).
I suppose one of their 39 bezels would fit.

·
Banned
37 Posts
looks sharp. definitley doesn;t look small, it looks big imo

i don't know why i can;t seem to warm up to steinhart watches. maybe it's because i think they take ther peoples watches and slap their name on it...i don't know....but they have things i look for, but something always stops me from getting one.

how much was it?

·
Registered
5,204 Posts
does this have the truly black dial like the original OVMs, or is the grey more pronounced, like the newer ones?
I've owned the v1, v2, Gnomon Special Edition, and now this one.

It's closest to the SE model with the hesalite domed version, without the texture. Almost black. It never looks gray like the v2 or v2.5.....

It's a perfect rendition of what black would look like after long exposure to the sun. They nailed it.

Follow me on Instagram- @Dec1968watches

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Not bad but Looks like I'm still searching for my perfect 5513 Military :(
This one just doesn't do it for me.

·
Registered
5,204 Posts
Not bad but Looks like I'm still searching for my perfect 5513 Military
This one just doesn't do it for me.
I'm thinking you can get this, take the guts out, and recase it in a Helenarou 5517 case.

Follow me on Instagram- @Dec1968watches

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
None of my old photos from this thread are working. Is it Watchuseek or Imgur that keeps changing the format rules?!!

Anyway, decided to take my OVM 39 off the bracelet because my new Squale 20 Atmos Classic Ceramic will live on a bracelet and the OVM is better off as a MilSub homage on a proper military strap. Well maybe not proper in this case as I opted for a two-piece Zulu because pass throughs have too much bulk for me. Cheers.

9GIVWmd.jpg

QHlDkxe.jpg

q0ODFjW.jpg

·
Registered
5,204 Posts
Cut off the keeper so you don't have to have the added bulk. Then you'll still have a proper appearance through the lugs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Cut off the keeper so you don't have to have the added bulk. Then you'll still have a proper appearance through the lugs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
True, the look is a little different through the lugs but I'm fine with it. I left it long enough so that the keepers are still useful.

eHclLEo.jpg

·
Registered
111 Posts
I watched a youtube comparison between the 42 and the 39 and he addresses the issue of the same hands being used by saying the dials are also the same size on both watches, its the bezel that is smaller.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I watched a youtube comparison between the 42 and the 39 and he addresses the issue of the same hands being used by saying the dials are also the same size on both watches, its the bezel that is smaller.
Also, the chapter is more prominent on the 42. The 42 looks more balanced - the hour hand is too fat on the 39 IMO.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts