How is a Monaco a diver?

·
Banned
1,112 Posts

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hmmm... usually his watch is tucked away under the cuff. I guess he really wanted to show off his Tag!

The Monaco is just the watch I saw that one episode; he's got more than one watch.
Maybe one reason he's got multiple watches is because he gets scratches and dings on them so often from that there desk.

·
Banned
1,112 Posts
Or maybe he just likes watches? I own many pieces not because of desk diving, but because I have a sickness. And I don;t have Colbert's $3.5mm + bonus salary...

·
Premium Member
Omega Seamaster 300M 42mm Quartz
2,281 Posts
It looks way too big on him.

;)

·
Registered
581 Posts
He had the white dial before he got the Monaco this season. Could never get a good enough look at the white dial to see what it was...

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
He still wears it (10/26/2011 episode)! Must be his current favorite.

Also, I noticed just now that his desk is in the exact shape of his logo "C".

·
Registered
581 Posts
Colbert also wears a round dial, white faced watch on a bracelet. I have not been able to get a good enough look at that one to figure out the mark...

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Colbert also wears a round dial, white faced watch on a bracelet. I have not been able to get a good enough look at that one to figure out the mark...
Yes, I'm sure he rotates his collection - it just hasn't been weeded out yet!
The watch you're referring is in the third post, yes?

You can get a good look at the last segment just before he interviews the guest (the camera pans up as he stands up and does his thing across the stage floor). This is a small thing, I know - I think it's funny how Colbert employs his subtle humor everywhere including props and furniture.

·
Premium Member
Omega Seamaster 300M 42mm Quartz
2,281 Posts
That bit was a gag. He wears a Monaco.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.