WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Stephen Colbert's desk diving watch...

11K views 23 replies 12 participants last post by  anonpenpal 
#1 ·
Do I spy a Tag Monaco on this satirist's wrist? You can hear an occasional desk dive when he gets excited.

See less See more
#5 ·
This pic has a different watch though. That's no Monaco.

#4 ·
How is a Monaco a diver?

#6 ·
Hmmm... usually his watch is tucked away under the cuff. I guess he really wanted to show off his Tag!

The Monaco is just the watch I saw that one episode; he's got more than one watch.
Maybe one reason he's got multiple watches is because he gets scratches and dings on them so often from that there desk.

#7 ·
Or maybe he just likes watches? I own many pieces not because of desk diving, but because I have a sickness. And I don;t have Colbert's $3.5mm + bonus salary...

#10 ·
It looks way too big on him.

;)

#15 ·
Colbert also wears a round dial, white faced watch on a bracelet. I have not been able to get a good enough look at that one to figure out the mark...

#16 ·
Yes, I'm sure he rotates his collection - it just hasn't been weeded out yet!
The watch you're referring is in the third post, yes?

You can get a good look at the last segment just before he interviews the guest (the camera pans up as he stands up and does his thing across the stage floor). This is a small thing, I know - I think it's funny how Colbert employs his subtle humor everywhere including props and furniture.

#19 ·
That bit was a gag. He wears a Monaco.

#24 ·
What kind of watch is he wearing? All I can tell is that it has the red & green TAG Heuer logo, a 12 at noon, and Mercedes hands. I am thinking it is a TAG Heuer 2000 from the 1995-era selection. Maybe the TAG Heuer 2000 Classic WK1112? I am just not sure the bezel looks right. Here is a screen shot closeup from 8:08 of the two watches bit:
Wrist Finger Hand Fashion accessory Ring

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.