WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
5,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With food, gas, & clothing prices at an all time high has it effected your watch buying.

·
Registered
9,327 Posts
It probably depends how much the current state of the economy has affected each collector individually. I've slowed down my purchases primarily because there haven't been that many new releases as of late.

I'll keep this thread open provided the discussion doesn't devolve to far into the political realm (people tend to get pretty testy when that subject is invoked).

·
Banned
7,645 Posts
FULL STEAM AHEAD! I'm in an industry that isn't affected by the economy as much as others, and since the deals are out there in spades I'm on the prowl. Wait 'til you see my next few incomings vintage fans! I went deep on a couple - a solo homer on a vintage Omega and a grand slam that I won't talk about until I receive it.

·
Registered
810 Posts
YES, I like JDM watches and with the Yen high and the dollar low it has slowed me way down. To the point were I've purchased my first domestic USA Seiko, if FedEx can ever
deliver it...Steve

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
I am holding back on my next purchase, because I am waiting to see after basel world. The economy is taking a toll on me, I have to sell a watch to get a new one. I have a new rule, if I can't pay with cash, I will need to save up until I can buy it. No more credit purchases for me.

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
.... a grand slam that I won't talk about until I receive it.
Oh ho ho! A little superstition creeping in after all?

The increasingly flaccid United States peso is killing me. That said, I expect these watches to hold value much better than that selfsame currency, so I remain on the prowl.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Just found out my wife is pregnant with TWINS ! ! ! I am completely and totally excited, BUT it will put a drastic halt on my purchasing power for a while!

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
For me no, as I started getting into watches around summer of 2009, I am still broke but still keep saving and getting pieces I like. Deals are good IMO in the used watch market. Plus I am single with no kids with few responsibilities

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
Holding back until I finish university and get a proper job. Then, it won't be long before I acquire the 2 Omegas on my list. :p

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Slowed down a little because, like EricL said, there hasn't been many new models released so far. I've still picked up 4 so far this year, if I find a good deal on a watch I've been looking for I'll get it!

·
Registered
20,963 Posts
I've completely lost my mind. I'm getting a new watch next month (as a gift), and in a time I should be slowing down since I just bought a watch last month and I just bought a new MacBook Pro last week, I'm intensifying my search for a Halios Bluering. So I should be backing off but I'm really going for it. I think, if the Bluering works out, that I'll stop after that and focus on putting pennies in my piggy bank for a used S2000.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts