WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I am still looking for a affordable GMT. I'd like it to have 24h scale, auto/mech movement and at least 100m WR.
The closest I get is
regular_4202.2.jpg
but it's too bald a I didn't see any review about it. May be someone know something similar? (the grail is Glycine Airman, but I don't have money for it)

·
Registered
5,833 Posts
Hi SuXarik!
Why not ask on the Russian forum for people's thoughts on that Vostok Europe Radio Room?
Some people on there have them (haven't been able to find a specific review in my quick google search)
OD30

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
I got one of these in the mail today. Not incredibly affordable new, but usually available for $400-$500 gently used. I'm loving it so far.

1035721d1365161938-convince-me-i-do-do-not-need-orient-star-star-seeker-871777d1352509268-withdr.jpg

·
Registered
7,730 Posts
I agree that the Orient Excursionist would be a good choice. However, the watch that popped into my head was the one Drew posted.........That Vostok Europe would be cool though. The radio room aspect makes it that much cooler. I'll keep thinking of others and get back to you.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone. Orient Excursionist looks nice, but as I remember it's not a true GMT. Shanghai looks great, but they are all "dress", they'll look great on me with a suit, but won't handle any water. Orient star is not in the budget.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It seems that the GMT hand is not independently settable and thus is really just a 24 hour hand

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think 600USD new. I like the look of excursionist, but not of the star. I like vostok radi room, except the color scheme is awful. I like Steinhart Aviation GMT but there is no WR support.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Steinhart does the same "you-know-what-homage" but cheaper. I like their vintage GMT. The closest thing to what I want is this Vostok Radio Room, but the main problem is design. I saw a video and 40% of the time a can't really tell what the time it is, because of the used color scheme. How could they failed it so hard?)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts