WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

· Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 · (Edited)
Unbelievable. Also, wtf has this to do with the moron Archie?

Best iof luck OP...regardless of what may or may not come about.
Well they must have a triad scam going on. The assessor provides fraudulent assessments of the watches, then the other two scoop them up at huge discounts.

The missing 1997 Submariner might just be a simply coincidence, but where there is smoke there is fire. One of these guys bought my watch and returned it in a very unsual way and I never saw it again.

· Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 · (Edited)
There is actually a video about all this here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HL8FgWz1PZs&ab_channel=ARCHIELUXURY

In the video Archie refers to another deal I had and uses some choice words. However every story has two sides and that is definitely true with this actor/failed IT technician/youtuber.

I bought two Grand Seikos from a seller in Sydney, Serkan Gurnic. We had had a great transaction previously with two Seiko's via a gumtree deal. So he sells me two GS's and one of them has scratches all up and down one side of the bracelet. This was not disclosed in the listing nor did he mention it to me when we spoke. The photos also were of one side of the bracelet. Well, when it arrived and I saw this damage (which cannot be corrected by a standard polish) I was furious. I decided to simply sell it off and be done with it rather than ask to send it back. Well, this guy confronts me on Gumtree demanding to know why I am selling the watch immediately. Like he absolutely went for me. So based on this all friendship and loyalty went out the door and I returned it via a paypal dispute as the guy wouldnt accept the return. Anyhow, what does Serkan do? He whines to Archie and I end up watching this story unfold on youtube.

All of this is only partially relative to my missing Submariner. However, I will also point out, when my watch went missing a day later someone sent me this video on youtube and I had to watch this whilst trying to stomach my lost Rolex. I have never participated in a hobby like this before, there are some highs but boy there are some lows.

· Registered
437 Posts
There is actually a video about all this here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HL8FgWz1PZs&ab_channel=ARCHIELUXURY

In the video Archie refers to another deal I had and uses some choice words. However every story has two sides and that is definitely true with this actor/failed IT technician/youtuber.

I bought two Grand Seikos from a seller in Sydney, Serkan Gurnic. We had had a great transaction previously with two Seiko's via a gumtree deal. So he sells me two GS's and one of them has scratches all up and down one side of the bracelet. This was not disclosed in the listing nor did he mention it to me when we spoke. The photos also were of one side of the bracelet. Well, when it arrived and I saw this damage (which cannot be corrected by a standard polish) I was furious. I decided to simply sell it off and be done with it rather than ask to send it back. Well, this guy confronts me on Gumtree demanding to know why I am selling the watch immediately. Like he absolutely went for me. So based on this all friendship and loyalty went out the door and I returned it via a paypal dispute as the guy wouldnt accept the return. Anyhow, what does Serkan do? He whines to Archie and I end up watching this story unfold on youtube.

All of this is only partially relative to my missing Submariner. However, I will also point out, when my watch went missing a day later someone sent me this video on youtube and I had to watch this whilst trying to stomach my lost Rolex. I have never participated in a hobby like this before, there are some highs but boy there are some lows.
Dear God...I do wonder what is going through some people's heads sometimes...it's just...well, I have no words lol. Unfortunately (or fortunately, depends on your outlook), it's not just this hobby...these people exist in all hobbies and all walks of life. it would surely put me off though I admit. I have one watch for sale currently, if it doesn't sell soon I'm just going to keep the damn thing and then trade it in at a dealer for my next purchase, honestly just not worth the effort now. Thanks for the story...unreal. Take care.

· Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Dear God...I do wonder what is going through some people's heads sometimes...it's just...well, I have no words lol. Unfortunately (or fortunately, depends on your outlook), it's not just this hobby...these people exist in all hobbies and all walks of life. it would surely put me off though I admit. I have one watch for sale currently, if it doesn't sell soon I'm just going to keep the damn thing and then trade it in at a dealer for my next purchase, honestly just not worth the effort now. Thanks for the story...unreal. Take care.
All I can suggest is this, if you cannot sell the watch in person then dont do it. All my watch sales now are face to face. No more posting, no more worries.

· Registered
5,571 Posts
You have a way of creating drama wherever you go @demof1
Accounts being closed on forums, threads being shut down, watches being stolen, accusations of shady dealings, angry PM's, people registering accounts only to argue with you...

A dedicated video from the pontiff himself...
That's... something, I'm sure. I don't think it put your side of the story in a better light, though.

I wouldn't buy a watch from you after reading your posts here on WUS. I would hate for something to go wrong and having to deal with, well, this.

· Registered
5,571 Posts
How can anyone watch this annoying dude is a complete mystery to me.
He's an acquired taste, that's for sure.
He mellowed out a lot over the years. The video in this thread is from 2018. Nowadays, he's not swearing and stays sober for most of his videos.

In this case, he presented a bit of a different picture of the situation than the OP did.
Well worth sitting through.

· Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Followed this up again today with Capitol Transport. To this day they take zero responsibilty for the loss of this watch. Their stance is, as the watch went missing with one of their sub contractors, I need to follow it up with that company. I have done so many times, but its interesting. All I can say is be very careful who you ship your expnesive items with.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts