WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For WIS'ers in the UK, two custom Breitlings were stolen this week from a squadron mate's house in East Anglia.

Please, if you would be on the lookout for these being sold either online or with watch sellers/pawn shops, etc. If you run across them, PLEASE let me know either via PM on this site or email (strega7 at hotmail.com). Or, I suppose you could tell the police, too.

Breitling B-1 (F-15E custom) serial # 345528
Breitling Airwolf (F-15E custom) serial #1129279

The B-1 looks like this (image stolen from Don I's page on limited edition B-1s):

The Airwolf looks like this:

Thanks for your assistance!

EDIT: Airwolf Serial added.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Wow, that really sucks. Some f-ing people man.. o|

Will definitely be on the lookout!

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Will definately keep an eye out.

Did the scum bags get boxes and papers as well? Because if they did they could sell them on easier to genuine dealers.

I hope they get what they deserve.o|o|

Nick

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did the scum bags get boxes and papers as well? Because if they did they could sell them on easier to genuine dealers.
Not sure...my guess is that the B-1 probably was not still with its box and papers (it was several years old), but the Airwolf definitely might have been. I'll ask more details tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Were waiting at the border Hacker.o|o|o|

Let you know if they are seen up here.:-|

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Have your friend contact BUK as well. They can put it into their system in case it ever gets sent in for service.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Guys,

The following is not 'shutting the stable gate..' but PLEASE PLEASE take a few minutes to register these stolen watches and YOUR watches NOW on www.immobilise.com - this is a FREE asset registration scheme which is supported by EVERY police force in the UK and if a check is done on the serial number by the police it will show up who is the registered keeper.

This is also used by some of the second hand trade.

Check out the website and see for yourself - this really does work, i know people who have got their property back. Do the research yourself and see.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE take 5 minutes to visit www.immobilise.com and register your dearest posessions.

And no, i don't work for them or have shares. :-!

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
I suppose you could tell the police.
i don't want to be too sceptical but i firmly doubt this will interest the police very much unless you have the stolen goods or apprehend the theif. on one occasion they actually gave property stollen from me back to the theif that stole it. i never recovered it either.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Originally posted by no_self_control
i don't want to be too sceptical but i firmly doubt this will interest the police very much unless you have the stolen goods or apprehend the theif. on one occasion they actually gave property stollen from me back to the theif that stole it. i never recovered it either.

Well, Hacker..............On that optimistic note from n_s_c, all would appear to be lost.:-s::think:

It would appear that the police could be working with the thIEf.:roll:

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
It would appear that the police could be working with the thIEf.:roll:
i wouldn't go that far but my experiences of the police have been far from positive. if you want more, on having been assaulted by a member of the public, one police officer actually suggested they'd have done the same. now, admittedly, their superior officer had to apologise on their behalf but that's not the point. on another occasion two police officers were repeatedly verbally abusive. after the third insult i asked for their names and numbers. they literally jumped into their unmarked police car and sped off. i got the plate but thought better of reporting it for fear of reprisals.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Thieves suck, hope they catch the low life(s).

Check the local pawn shops and ebay. Hopefully the special editions will make for a somewhat easier spot. Good luck.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just a bump for the thread to keep it on the main page.

It's probably been enough time that the thieves are going to try and start fencing the watches.

Please, if you see a F-15E Breitling for sale, PLEASE REMEMBER that there are two stolen ones out there that their owners would really, really like to have back.

The B1, at least, has seen some serious time in the cockpit and has a lot of sentimental value for the owner.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quick follow-up bump a couple years down the line.

The watches have not been recovered, nor returned to their original owner yet.

Anyone seen them by any chance?

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
Can't say I have seen them around.
I'll still keep a look out though.

cheers,
Jake.

·
Registered
658 Posts
It's such a shame these haven't been found. I search for B-1s and Airwolfs quite often on the shopping sites, but I've never seen either of these show up.

I will definitely keep an eye out.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks, gents. The assistance is greatly appreciated!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts