WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I sold this watch on Ebay and shipped to Canada. After 1 month, it hasn't shown up. Likely stolen in transit. Serial number is 57718560. Contact me if you have any info. It is the full size model.

Todd

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
UPDATE:

Watch apparently after 1 1/2 years, made it to the buyer. I haven't been contacted by him to let me know he got it. I'm pretty mad. :-|

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
so the postman decided that he was bored and needed another watch after wearing the bond for a year and a half? :-d

glad it turned up. too bad it was a year and half later. how do you go about settling something like this?

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so the postman decided that he was bored and needed another watch after wearing the bond for a year and a half? :-d

glad it turned up. too bad it was a year and half later. how do you go about settling something like this?
Apparently you don't settle it. I found out the watch is in Poland today. It isn't with the buyer.

·
Registered
724 Posts
isnt the pourpose of insurance to pay when said service loses the parcel? wtf mate?

I'd be contacting my lawyer

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
:-s Yeah... I thought that was what insurance was for. I've paid hundreds of dollars in the last few years for insurance through USPS. Is it just a waste of money? Has anyone here ever collected? :thanks

·
Registered
177 Posts
Interesting question as I too pay for the insurance. Please keep us posted regarding their reason for not paying. Hate this for you and hopefully it can be rectified at least by refunding your money. Bummer.

·
Registered
422 Posts
My understanding is it is next to impossible to receive your money from the Post Office. I hear this a lot, but of course, as it is the government, nothing can be done about it.

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Update:

After receiving the "DENIAL" for my final appeal, I brought it to my postmaster who made a call to the head of the international division of USPS. Postmaster called me to tell me that they are going to send me a check. I also got confirmation from 2 clerks that they have personally seen the paperwork that I am hopeful will be accompanied by a check any day now.

Time of completion for USPS: 2 years 2 months.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Merde! That is freaking brutal, Broker! It's nice to hear that it may be getting resolved in the near future, though. Having said that, two plus years is obscene and someone should be strung up for that. No doubt a bureaucratic response vice actual customer-service based investigation and action.

James

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Unfortunately, denials are part of the insurance business model. Think about it: there's no incentive to pay. If you deny every claim first time out, some percentage of those claiming will go away. Even if it's 5%, it pays to deny because not paying is pure profit. If another 10% drop on the second denial, then that's just more profit. And so on.

Ultimately, it's "squeeky wheel gets the grease". Go on you for being squeeky!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts