WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Wanted to try on the new Seamaster 300.

One only had it in the leather strap. The other had the bracelet versions.

Having tried it on and comparing it to the previous version, it is amazing how much bigger it looks compared to the previous version. That is a selling point for me. The dial looks less cluttered.

Nothing has dissuaded me from wanting to buy the blue on bracelet. Not even the lollipop seconds hand.

No discount but, the sales guy offered 24 month interest free financing. Tempting, but I would rather get it from an AD with a discount and selling off some watches.
Watch Analog watch Everyday carry Clock Wrist

·
Registered
848 Posts
How much adjustability did the bracelet lose? I have the current generation and I use every single mm it has because my wrist seems to vary that much throughout the day.

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They said only 2 microadjustments on the clasp (I think -my memory is crap) compared to 6 so you will have to remove links they said

·
Registered
95 Posts

Having tried it on and comparing it to the previous version, it is amazing how much bigger it looks compared to the previous version. That is a selling point for me. The dial looks less cluttered.

Nothing has dissuaded me from wanting to buy the blue on bracelet. Not even the lollipop seconds hand.

No discount but, the sales guy offered 24 month interest free financing. Tempting, but I would rather get it from an AD with a discount and selling off some watches.
View attachment 15969097
Why not buy it pre owned. With full box papers and stickers?

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well it just came out and even some of the Omega Boutiques only have 1 or none. So it will be quite a while before it reaches the secondary markets,

Plus if you're spending that much $$ unless the seller's reputation is spotless, the cost savings may not be worth not having the warranty.

Why not buy it pre owned. With full box papers and stickers?

·
Registered
10,780 Posts
Looks good - but to my surprise, I prefer the black dial -

·
Registered
841 Posts

View attachment 15969097
Very nice -- love these new models.

How do you find the bezel action on them? Haven't seen much info on that, and was wondering if it's closer to the SMP or PO.

·
Registered
5,543 Posts

View attachment 15969097
Thanks for the pic! Looks massive

·
Registered
95 Posts
well it just came out and even some of the Omega Boutiques only have 1 or none. So it will be quite a while before it reaches the secondary markets,

Plus if you're spending that much $$ unless the seller's reputation is spotless, the cost savings may not be worth not having the warranty.
That's not true at all. If you buy pre owned. You will get the warranty for the full 5-10 years. Timepiece gentlemen is a spotlless greymarket dealer .

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Dude tell me a grey dealer who has one now!

Anyway, there are certain ADs I know who are very competitive with grey dealers.

And yes I have bought from grey dealers. I have been at this for close to 20 years now.

That's not true at all. If you buy pre owned. You will get the warranty for the full 5-10 years. Timepiece gentlemen is a spotlless greymarket dealer .

·
Registered
207 Posts
Timepiece gentlemen is a spotlless greymarket dealer .
Yikes.....

·
Registered
518 Posts
Ugh, the new version is better in many ways but a step back in others. I hate the aluminum bezel, and while I get they claim it's been hardened, I worry in 20 years it will be faded and nicked to smithereens. And don't even get me started on the bronze-gold version, which is a [very cool] unique alloy that only comes on a 21mm strap that tapers down to 16. Where the fizzle would I even begin to look for another 21-16 strap?! Also, PVD hands on a five figure watch. Ugh. But they're so G-D handsome I'm still tempted!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Yikes.....

Omg. I'm so sorry for even mentioning their name. Thank you for sending this to me.

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Note to the younger Gen Z and Millenial WIS, just because they have a strong social media presence, does not make them legitimate.

It reiterates my point, once you get to a certain price point the savings do not warrant certain risks e.g. cost of getting burned.

Omg. I'm so sorry for even mentioning their name. Thank you for sending this to me.

·
Registered
10,886 Posts
Really?

As long as someone didn't invest in their business, the watches purchased should be fine I hope.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts