WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Received two new watches and was going through my normal process of sizing them and getting the space links and pins stored and I figured I'd make a quick post to see how others go about this.
I get the bracelet sized up and take all the links and link them together and fasten any remaining loose pins or hardware (there should be only one or one set) into the free end of new link set. I also wrap them in masking tape to keep them flat and protect the surfaces. Otherwise they could fold over or get rash from rubbing against each other or loose hardware. I can also make a note on the tape about the model the hardware is from. I do the same with whole bracelets if I'm not keeping the watch on the factory bracelet.
I mostly see people store spare links in a bag, sometimes a small ziplock back but often a sandwich bag. Also there may be two sets of links, presumably from either side, and the pins and collars or other hardware lose in the bag. It seems like they could get storage rash or a tiny hole could easily result it small parts being lost.

Rectangle Automotive exterior Bumper Font Material property

Road surface Grey Asphalt Font Auto part

Wood Rectangle Flooring Material property Road surface

And because I'm not gonna have a post with no watch shots. These are both NOS and have just a tiny bit of wear from storage. Beautiful two tone blue faces too! chefs kiss!

The 46CS-29
Watch Hand Gadget Rectangle Gesture

The 95QS-42B
Watch Rectangle Gesture Clock Grey

·
Registered
608 Posts
I use a small baggie and tuck it into the watch box, for full bracelets I use the elongated bag that nato straps come in, usually they are vinyl and they get stored in a zippered pencil case along with a small tackle box with several divisions for spring bars, buckles and keepers from broken straps, bracelet parts, screws, and other harvested parts.
I'm a tinkerer so I keep a lot of hardware.

·
Registered
982 Posts
I use a small baggie and tuck it into the watch box, for full bracelets I use the elongated bag that nato straps come in, usually they are vinyl and they get stored in a zippered pencil case along with a small tackle box with several divisions for spring bars, buckles and keepers from broken straps, bracelet parts, screws, and other harvested parts.
Pretty much the same here. Anything that should go along with the watch, such as extra links, if/when selling it goes in the original box*. That includes any OE straps or bracelets. whether it's one I don't plan to use that came with the watch, or in a couple of cases, a spare I bought as a back-up because I love the one the watch came on.

*Even if I never sell the watch, chances are someone down the line (son, grandson, long-lost cousin, etc...) will want to sell it at some point. Expecting an heir to sort out what goes with what years in the furture could be confusing. Heck, I can even manage to confuse myself quite easily sometimes! 😊

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Yeah right now my storage isn't great. I've basically got boxes of assorted size boxes of bags or loose items and that's a bit of a mess.I also need to split out my retail boxes into two large separate boxes.

·
Registered
759 Posts
I put all of the links that I remove together, as you do, but then I take the thick plastic that was originally on the bracelet and wrap them in that. When folded it sticks well enough to keep everything secure, then I place it in my watch box in the slot that the watch occupies often at the top or the bottom so that it is out of the way.

·
Premium Member
40,971 Posts
I too use a small zip lock bag, that I place everything in and then into the watch box.

I write a brief description on a post it note and attach it to the top of the box so I know what is inside of what.......

1 - 10 of 10 Posts