WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
18,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm cleaning up two offices where over the last 40 years I have collected (in most senses of the word) a large number of pens and writing instruments of all types (but mostly pocket sized). I could throw them into some boxes, but where's the joy in that?

Some of you must have come up with solutions better that boxes... any pics and comments ?!!?!

Reactions: Simon

·
Registered
54 Posts
I’m storing my Montblanc rollerball in a Rolex after service pouch :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,941 Posts
Got myself a storage box. Glass lid for the top shelf, to show off the pens worth showing off, 5 drawers under that. Top couple drawers generally have the regular users.

Another fun option's a pen frog...usually just a glass hemisphere (more or less) with holes to hold the pens. AFAIK most are antiques now, but they're usually unmarked, molded glass. Not expensive. You DO have to worry about hole sizes...they can run small.

·
Registered
54 Posts

Love the way I store mine now
Making use of otherwise useless pouches for the storing of my pens

·
Registered
54 Posts

Sorry this is the correct photo

·
Registered
18,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Sorry this is the correct photo

The Dog Ate My Pens! LOL

I have a nice black leather 5 pen pouch for a set of Waterman's of various types. It's good for carrying in a large pocket. Searching found some shelving consisting of rectangular boxes angled at 45 degrees. I think those will be good for a desk but I'm not sure if I want to give up the desktop space... tradeoffs, always tradeoffs!

·
Premium Member
6,329 Posts
Reactions: Eeeb

·
Registered
166 Posts
A very common solution is to take those dividers, or something similar, and put them in cigar boxes. Google for cigar box pen case.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,941 Posts
Not disparaging the DIY options at all...one good way to do things. Cigar boxes are always cool. If you don't smoke? If you've got a cigar shop near by, ask them. They may or may not be willing to part...especially with the better cedar boxes.

If you buy a pen chest, one thing to note: more drawers are usually cheap. For example, Amazon's got a 30-pen chest...top w/lid, 2 drawers...for $110; the 60-pen version's only $130.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Franklin Cristoph penvelope.

It also handily prevents you from accumulating too many pens. I have a penvelope six for my desk and also a 2-pen case for my daily carry.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Every cigar shop in my area has a stack of boxes for sale for $5-15. Some are pretty nice, as cigar boxes go.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
54 Posts
If you’re travelling to Asia you can get a customised one for less than 20 usd

·
Premium Member
8,941 Posts
Franklin Cristoph penvelope.

It also handily prevents you from accumulating too many pens. I have a penvelope six for my desk and also a 2-pen case for my daily carry.
HA!!!

It simply means you start collecting penvelopes too!!!!

(My watch box space has never stopped me from buying new watches...which of course, forced me to pick up at least 1 new watch box. Sigh.)

·
Registered
54 Posts
You could always get a empty soup can and repurpose that. I have mine sitting in a mug on my bar
I’d be afraid to damage the resin

1 - 18 of 18 Posts